What's new

*** Official JEPPERS CREEPERS 2 Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Did a search on this and came up with nothing. Is anyone looking forward to this movie? I know I am.

All controversy aside (because of the director's reputation), I thought the first film was pretty good. Creepy mood, cool monster, it was entertaining.

Now let's hope the sequel entertains as well. I read that they're showing the monster a lot more. That's not always a good thing but I'm not saying anything until I see it.

One thing that's got me thinking and haven't read anything about. The character Darry from the first movie is back in the sequel.

Check out this picture from the sequel.

Warning...spoilers from the first movie: How the heck did that happen? Didn't he die after having his eyes removed at the end of the first movie??? How does he come back? I wonder how they're going to explain that.

Paul_Medenwaldt

Supporting Actor
I believe the character Darry comes back in a dream sequence.

I'm kinda looking forward to this movie. From the previews it seems like a movie that its main basis is getting girls in cheerleader outfits, not that there is anything wrong with that ;)

Paul

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I'm looking forward to this one too. The first one was a really creepy slasher-movie, which is pretty unusual.

The trailer didn't look so good though, IMO, but I have hopes for it still.

Alex Spindler

Senior HTF Member
The first one was so good because they gave up so much time for the characters. Plus, it had a nice stew of cliche's put together very well (ancient legend, spooky basement, psychics, crazy old lady).

I'm hoping they keep some of the good aspects. The trailer had me thinking that it was just a bargain basement creature film.

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I watched the first 8 minutes of the film online and they were extremely dull. I wasn't even remotely scared, but I might give the entire film a chance...

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
I liked the first half or so of JC1, so I will definitely be checking this one out.

And I'm excited to see Ray Wise in something :)

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Yesterday, I saw a filler piece "On the Set" on StarTV (a Canadian entertainment channel) that mentioned that there will not only be a sequel, but a prequel as well.

EDIT: Sorry, I got my wires crossed. I saw this bit again yesterday and the movie mentioned was not Jeepers Creepers but Ginger Snaps. :b

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I know the first one polarized audiences pretty badly, and even some of its biggest proponents say the film collapsed in the third act, but am I the only one planning to be there opening night for the sequel?

The premise looks interesting, especially when you throw in Ray Wise (who I've loved ever since he played the bumbling Leon Nash in 'Robocop') as a vengeful, Ahab like farmer.

The first one had its fair share of flaws, but I have to give it props for its very bleak ending (for a wide release, major studio film no less), as well as two well written and likable lead characters. The Creeper himself needs to be a little more fleshed out (an origin of some sort would be nice), but I'm really looking forward to the sequel. A few tweaks here and there and they should be able to avoid the mistakes made by the original.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
I will eventually see it, but I am not sure if I will be going to the show to see it...

The trailer starts off well, but once they show the teens, it all goes downhill IMO...

These appear to be some of the most annoying teens yet...

I think it's time to create a horror/slasher that either revolves around teens who can act or older characters who can act...

I would really like to see a movie with good actors and a fresh story with many surprises...

Then again, who wouldnt???

Drew_veloce

Auditioning
I really enjoyed the feel of the first one -- the first part of the movie is genuinely scary, and I loved the characters. I also like that they were siblings, and they acted like siblings.

Of course, I also had no expectations of the first one, so that alone may put me off the sequel. I'll definitely see it, though. But if the first one of any thing is really good, I'll at least give a sequel a chance.

Nick Graham

Screenwriter
I'm beginning to wonder if this will follow Tomb Raider 2
into the box office abyss of sequels nobody particularly asked for nor wanted.

I'm still seein' it.

Topher

Stunt Coordinator
I will be seeing it, but with lower expectations than most movies I go to. I enjoyed the first one, up until the Creeper started acting like Darth Maul and the director decided it was a good idea to completely expose the monster. The first half of the movie was brilliant at creating atmosphere and letting the audience get to know the two main characters. Hopefully the new movie will not be too hokie, but horror movies are very well known for having very very bad sequels. That being said, I am a sucker for any horror movie good or bad and will be in the theater this coming weekend for sure! :D

Bill J

Senior HTF Member
I enjoyed the first one, up until the Creeper started acting like Darth Maul and the director decided it was a good idea to completely expose the monster.
I agree completely. That huge mistake is going to ruin the second film too. After watching the opening scene online I was not remotely scared and it's entirely because of the excessive exposure of the monster in the first film.

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
You guys are right...

Back when horror movies were scary (like how people were scared with the first movie in multiple franchises years ago), they really didnt show too much of the monster or enemy at all...

You only saw glimpses of the villain here and there... They were mostly kept in the dark until the end of the movie...

It's the sequels, over exposure, etc. which make the character loose their scare factor and credibility... I can think of several characters who were once scary, but wouldnt even put a dent in the scare radar now...

It kind of sucks when you think about it...

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm not sure what to think of JC2 yet. I love how the trailer starts out (in the cornfield with the scarecrows). Very freaky! But once the bus shows up, it looks like it becomes really stupid.

I'll have to wait for the early screening reviews before I decide if I need to see this in theaters.

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I've heard nothing but good about this one from those who have seen advance screenings, and some of those folks hated the original.

I'm going to see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks