*** Official JEEPERS CREEPERS 2 Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Justin_S, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Justin_S

Justin_S Producer

Mar 4, 2001
    Just returned from seeing it, and I think this film definitely equals the original, which I absolutely loved! I actually probably liked this one better. It was a damn good film, and the suspense had me on the edge of my seat! Just loads of suspense IMO. I actually did like a few of the characters too, poorly developed or not. They all did great jobs with what they had, especially the always reliable Ray Wise. I was also glad to see that this film was devoid of one-liners and wisecracks in the face of danger. That was quite refreshing.

I loved how the Creeper's main means of attack was from the air in this film. It was very cool, and the CGI really was not bad at all, and I feared it would be. When he snatched the coach out of nowhere, I admit I was a little freaked out. That was very well done.
    The air attacks also make him much more menacing, as it makes him a bigger threat.

I'm one of the few who loved the entirety of the first film, so I loved the direction this film took with all out monster movie action! The action was very thrilling as well, the thing that all action scenes SHOULD be. Wonderfully orchestrated action scenes, all loaded with suspense, at least for me.

This film was an exhilarating ride, and I lapped up every second of it like a dog after water! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] out of [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
  2. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Dec 9, 1998
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Jeepers Creepers 2". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

3. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

May 17, 2003
    Oh, Jeepers Creepers, where did you get those eyes and the taste for as many shirtless males you can find???

Well, this horror flick (No, the movie is not scary... What is lurking behind the camera is far more creepy) I found to be quite boring...

The problem is not The Creeper... The Creeper tries to be interesting... It's those annoying teens once again that come to ruin the day... Just like with the recent Freddy vs Jason, it's not the villains who try to ruin the movie... It's the horribly annoying teens and the director for picking them to begin with... Teen acting has never been looked at as great in the past, but recently it has become so horrible it falls into self parody...

Ray Wise tries to save the day and does what he can with his part... But, alas he can not overcome the horrible teens who dominate most of the movie... Hell, even the 12 year old at the beginning of the film gave a better performance than most of these teen characters...

Ray Wise does lose points in one area... He has the rocket like machine (like you see in the trailer). He should in reality be aiming it at the bus that has the teens on it, but he instead aims it at the Creeper who was only trying to do the audience a favor by wiping out this cast to begin with...

Just like the first movie, this should have been cut down to 30 minutes in length and it would have been a decent short tale... The teens and the whole silly bus plot should have been excluded completely... Damn, why didnt that bus just get home... Girls and guys who like guys will probably enjoy the display of males that the director has put on display for this outing... Sort of how when Jewel has the buy one get one free special on pork chops...

I will be generous and give this movie a 2 and 1/2 out of 5... That is basically for The Creeper and his tries to become the next Freddy Krueger (sorry guys, there are similarities), Ray Wise, The kid at the beginning who at least attempted to show a sign of fear, and the opening of the movie because they try... On the teen angle of the movie, it gets a 0.5 out of 5...

Hopefully something scary will come along in the future...

Sorry, kiddies... I would advise you to wait for the next breakout horror hit!!!
  4. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

Jun 21, 2000
    Let me preface my review by saying that while I didn't love the first, I was very excited for a second dip of the Creeper. Also, as a huge Ray Wise fan, I was jazzed to see his try at action-man.

JC2 falls into the same old trap that most sequels are caught up by: making essentially the same film, only worse. In the first film, the story follows a brother and sister in their quest to escape the creeper. In JC2, we follow a bus-load of annoying teenagers in their quest to escape the creeper. And guess what, we have to hear the same conjectures about "Every 23rd spring...", "He eats us...", etc. Here's a tip to budding directors out there, if you are going to make a sequel to a film, try to introduce new information.

The story of the creeper attacking a bus bring broken down in the middle of nowhere is at least half-way interesting. Unfortunately, Salva gives us one-dimensional archetypes instead of actual characters to inhabit the bus. The token white half-racist...the token dork...the token in-the-closet gay guy...etc. Salva tries to spice things up by introducing distrust in the group, ala The Thing, but since most of us couldn't care less about the characters, it doesn't really matter.

The only strong part of the story, for me, was Ray Wise's one (or two + a dog) Ahab-esque pursuit of the creeper. He was at least a relatively interesting character with some sort of motivation. Unfortunately Salva only has him on screen for a half hour or so.

I guess if you like the first, you should give the second a shot. But as mediocre as I thought the first Creeper movie was, it looks like Halloween compared to JC2.