What's new

*** Official "JAY & SILENT BOB STRIKE BACK!" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
quote: But what's up with Brodie, Jay and SB right before that? I assumed they were trying to sing the Amy music but it was horrible.[/quote]
Remember the scene in Mallrats right before Jay and Silent Bob they say goodbye to the kittens? :)
quote: The cop at the beginning was Rick Derris from Clerks?[/quote]
I didn't see that. Maybe it was him. Hmmmm.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."
[Edited last by Matthew Chmiel on August 26, 2001 at 02:10 AM]

Melencio Paras Jr.

Auditioning
MORE for the "DID YOU NOTICE CATEGORY":
Am I the only one here old enough to get all the "LAND OF THE LOST" references?
1. Will Farrell's character is "Marshall Willenholy".
2. "Sleestak County"
3. Chris Rock's character name is "Chaka"
Man... I'm really getting old!

Danny R

Supporting Actor
I got the Sleestak reference, but didn't recognize the Marshall Will & Holly till I heard about it later. I forget though, who's Chaka? That the good sleestak? BTW, was it ever explained in that show how there is one intelligent sleestak, and the rest are like mindless zombies?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Chaka was the monkey boy ape...Am I right?
Another did you notice....
When Jay & Silent Bob are standing outside Quick Stop, there is a Got Nails? poster from Dogma.
ALSO,
Holden is sitting on Banky's couch that he and A. Jones had sex on. Plus the blanket that was wrapped around A. Jones is still there too!
Something I just noticed while watching Clerks animated series.
Episode #1 when Dante & Randal ride past the Adult book store, look at the cardboard cut out of the man in the trenchcoat...its the man from Clerks the movie
------------------
[Edited last by JohnS on August 26, 2001 at 04:26 PM]

Brett Hancock

Supporting Actor
O man what a great flick. Couldn't have wanted the View Askew films to end any other way. The only bad part was that during my kevin smith marathon my friends left during chasing amy. One of them had to mow the lawn in the morning and the other one was to tired(wuss). It doesn't matter cause i still watched dogma. Jay and Silent Bob Strike back ruled I don't think there is another way to put it, except for. Bring on the dvd. Snoogins.
------------------
"Come on, you fuckers think that just cause a guy reads comics he can't start some shit, I'll fucking take all you on!"
Beavis and Butthead on DVD
Family Guy on DVD

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Mr. Orange from Reservoir dogs was on the Mirimax set? (black suit, bloody stomach, carrying gun)
Actually, all the Reservoir Dogs characters were there if I recall correctly, was a group of 4 guys in suits with skinny ties and one had the blood stains.
My question, I recall reading that the Roofer from Clerks (from the death star discussion) happened to come to the Quick Stop when they were filming the scene with Dante and Randal and they wrote a quicky scene to include him... did anyone see him in the film?
Also did Ethan Suplee, Jeremey London, Christen Mosier, or either of the 2 main female Clerks roles appear in the film? I thought Jeff (Randall) married Lisa Spoonhauer (Caitlin Bree), so I would have figured they would have been able to get in touch with her fo the movie...
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
PS: I just remembered a poster for a Jackie Brown sequel somewhere on the Miramax lot. Did anyone read it? What was the joke?
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Interested in moving into FRONT PROJECTION with huge 6-10 foot widescreen? Buy my whole HDTV-ready CRT based front projection system delivered, cheap! Click here

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Look behind Jason Biggs & Vanderbeek.. they had a poster that said "Jackie Brown 2" (and I think Ho, Ho, Ho,who's coming for Christmas" (I remember the JB2 bit) it's behind them... :)
CW

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
quote: Also did Ethan Suplee, Jeremey London, Christen Mosier, or either of the 2 main female Clerks roles appear in the film?[/quote]
Nope, sadly. Ethan Suplee was spose to be in the film, but due to Evolution, he couldn't make it.
With Jeremy London, who knows... but then again, everybody made fun of him on the Mallrats commentary for him forgetting his lines.
Christen Moiser wasn't in it as I recall, but we haven't seen a good look at her face since Chasing Amy so I could be wrong.
Also, Catlin (Lisa Spoonauer) and Veronica (Marilyn Ghiglotti) were not in it... but here's the kicker, Lisa is Jeff Anderson's (Randal) wife and Marilyn visited the set one day.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."
[Edited last by Matthew Chmiel on August 26, 2001 at 08:15 PM]

Chris

Senior HTF Member
They weren't in the version we saw. Remember, this film was cut down over 40 minutes. The DVD should be jam packed of outtakes.
CW

JasenP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jasen
Scott Mosier (Uber-Producer) played the guy rounding up the extras in Good Will Hunting 2 AND he resurrected "Snowball" in front of the theater during the premiere of Bluntman & Chronic Strike Back near the end of the film.
CORRECTED (Thanks Patrick! Not much sleep last night)
------------------
"Strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government!"

350+ Reasons why I drive A 1991 Cavalier.
[Edited last by JasenP on August 27, 2001 at 09:28 AM]
[Edited last by JasenP on August 27, 2001 at 09:31 AM]

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
A little off-topic, but yesterday's (8/26/01) New York Times magazine section included a lengthy Kevin Smith comic strip recounting his first meeting with his future wife. I couldn't find a link to an online source, but if you can track down a hard copy, it's well worth it. The title of the "series" is First Kiss Comics, and the issue title is My Date with Destiny!. Throughout the strip, the contemporary "Jen" keeps interrupting to complain that Kevin isn't telling it right and is embarrassing her.
M.

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
A little off-topic, but yesterday's (8/26/01) New York Times magazine section included a lengthy Kevin Smith comic strip recounting his first meeting with his future wife. I couldn't find a link to an online source, but if you can track down a hard copy, it's well worth it. The title of the "series" is First Kiss Comics, and the issue title is My Date with Destiny! . Throughout the strip, the contemporary "Jen" keeps interrupting to complain that Kevin isn't telling it right and is embarrassing her.
http://www.nytimes.com/slideshow/200...-SS_index.html
I also thought this was a hoot, but it seems kind of crass that it's also a fashion layout where the designer of the clothes is noted in each panel.
= Derek =
------------------

Steve Owen

Second Unit
I don't think I've seen this mentioned yet...
You know the name of the drug company where the animals were...
Spoiler:Provasic. Now where have you heard that before? That's the drug that's mentioned near the end of The Fugitive. :)
Oh, and did anyone else notice...
Spoiler:
The guys from Reservoir Dogs walking through the studio lot.
This movie was everything that stupid comedies (Scary Movie, Dude.., etc.) want to be. Yes, you CAN fill a movie with stupid and crude humor yet be clever, funny, and sensitive at the same time.
-Steve

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Derek, thanks for the link. Note to everyone else: You may need to register at the NYT site to access the strip, but the registration is free.
I also thought this was a hoot, but it seems kind of crass that it's also a fashion layout where the designer of the clothes is noted in each panel.
That was probably part of the price of admission. In the past few year, nearly every NYT magazine story on a show business figure has had a fashion tie-in. It bothered me less in a comic strip than in photographs. When the clothes are being drawn, it's almost like a parody of the typical NYT publicity piece.
M.

Michael Napier

Stunt Coordinator
Saw it this weekend and LOVED it.
Just so everyone knows, if you buy the soundtrack there is a $5.00 Movie Cash coupon with the disc to go see the movie.
Mike

Zack Scott

Stunt Coordinator
One of funing funniest movies I've seen all year. No....THE fucking funniest movie I've seen all year. Kevin Smith has fulfilled a dream. He made a movie about two characters that he and his buddies thought up with a big budget and Huge distribution. ANd he get's to do a lightsaber duel with Mark Hamil.
Best line in the movie : "DOn't fuck with a Jedi master"

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I consider myself a casual Kevin Smith fan and have enjoyed all his films and was really looking forward to this one.
Unfortunately, IMO, Jay And Silent Bob Strike Back is his WORST film.
It was sloppy, disjointed, badly acted, poorly written, and worst of all, not that funny.
Sure there were a few humorous moments in the film, especially Chris Rock, but all the other cameos were distracting, and seemed, as Ben Affleck and Matt Damon confessed in the film, like they were there just to do a favor for Kevin Smith.
The jokes in the film were more miss than hit, and all the "inside" jokes just weren't that smart or funny.
As supporting characters, Jay and Silent Bob were amusing. But in the context of carrying an entire film, they become annoyingly one note characters.
Sorry View Askew fans, this casual fan gives this film TWO STARS
star.gif
star.gif

------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks