*** Official "JACKASS: THE MOVIE" Review Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Robert Crawford, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Dec 9, 1998
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Jackass: The Movie". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.
    Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!
    If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.
  2. Aaron Garman

Aaron Garman Second Unit

Oct 23, 2001
    Hello all. It's been awhile since I chimed in, but I have still been reading. Anyhow, just saw Jackass. First off, I have never really watched the TV show, but I knew what was coming. I must say, the film was very entertaining, but it truly pushes the envelope on what is deemed decent and what is not. I am absolutely shocked that the MPAA let this pass with an R-rating. Some of the stunts are to the point of being excessively gratuitous. Certainly, no one under 17 should be able to see this movie. However, for those of us consenting adults that are old enough and have a sharp mind, this is pure and cheap entertainment. I won't lie and say that I did not enjoy it, but I have to say it is not a good movie by any means. In fact, it has no real narrative to it: it is merely several stunts compiled and edited together to make people laugh or show what fools these guys can be. All I can say without ruining the movie is that some of these stunts involve fireworks in unusual places, snowcones, sea cucumbers, and ridiculous voyeurism. Be forwarned, this movie is NOT for those who have not the minds to understand it nor appreciate it. Keep your kids away at all costs. Once you've seen it, you'll know of what I speak. Cheers!

Aaron James Garman
  3. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

May 13, 2001
    Film Score: B-
    Movie Score: A
    Overall Score: B+
    - excellent pacing
    - well-timed
    - will cause imitations
    Laughed my ass off and cried during several parts of the movie. [​IMG]