What's new

Official iPhone 4 thread (1 Viewer)

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I'm not a big fan of BT earpieces and I agree the earbuds aren't bad, but I don't always have them with me and if I have them it's not real feasible to leave them plugged in or plug them in in the middle of a conversation. I initially thought the 4.2.1 update improved my problems. Sadly, that doesn't appear to be the case.

I've also had a lot of crashes with this phone that I thought the latest update would improve. It hasn't been a long enough time frame to draw any conclusions, but I've still had a couple and it doesn't appear that it's 3rd party apps causing the problems. It crashes a lot when I'm using the camera.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Guys,

I have the most current OS on my iPhone 4, at least I thought I do!

I had been experiencing the proximity sensor problem before the OS update. The 4.1 OS appeared to have fixed it. But now I am having proximity issues again where I will either mute the call with my cheek or switch to speaker phone.

Anyone else having similar experiences?

Thanks! Nelson

edit: Opps, I see I have OS 4.1 I thought that was the most current and it did fix the proximity problem. But it seems to have come back. I held off on OS 4.2 because I didn't want to put that in the iPad yet. So I held off on the iPhone too.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I have 4.1, never had the proximity issue even before I updated to 4.1. If you plug into iTunes and check for update it will tell you if you are current or need an update.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Nelson, I've had trouble with my proximity sensor too. I thought it had gotten better with the 4.2 update, but it turns out that was probably just wishful thinking. Maybe when 4.3 gets here?

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks David for chiming in. I checked in on the Apple support forums. There was a whole thread on the proximity sensor subject! About a 50/50 split between those that say 4.2 solved it, and those who say it made it worse! A bubby suggest I do a back-up, then do a complete reset, do the update, then restore the data. Sounds like doing a clean install. This could clear up any conflicts.I'll think it.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Originally Posted by Nelson Au

Thanks David for chiming in.

I checked in on the Apple support forums. There was a whole thread on the proximity sensor subject! About a 50/50 split between those that say 4.2 solved it, and those who say it made it worse!

A bubby suggest I do a back-up, then do a complete reset, do the update, then restore the data. Sounds like doing a clean install. This could clear up any conflicts.I'll think it.

Let us know if you decide to go this route and what outcome is.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
On a playlist such as Recently Played, is there a way to tell which device it was played on? I didn't see it in the columns list, but it'd be pretty sweet to have a record of whether it was played in iTunes, my iPod or my iPhone.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Need a little help. Two months ago, I bought the Men of a Certain Age pilot through my computer's iTunes and then put it on my iPhone. Today, I was gifted an iTunes card, so I bought the entire season directly on my phone. When I looked, I had the pilot twice in iPod mode. So, I went into iTunes and saw I only have one iteration of the pilot there. I unchecked it to remove the entire season from the phone, but the one version of the pilot remained and I cannot see where it is being pulled from. I did a word search on my hard drives, and the only copy I can find is the one in the iTunes/TV Shows folder. How can I find where this episode is being stored so I can delete it? I'm sure I could do a full restore, but I really don't want to do that just to remove one thing. It doesn't take up a lot of space, but it's the principle of the thing.

davesmith

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
David Smith
Hi Greg, Can you delete the duplicated pilot directly from the iPod maybe?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
iPod Touch?

Swipe the episode to reveal the Delete button and then delete it.

(Just discovered this feature last month in my iPhone :) )

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Originally Posted by DaveF

iPod Touch?

Swipe the episode to reveal the Delete button and then delete it.

(Just discovered this feature last month in my iPhone :) )
It will be re-added next time you sync, unless you have enabled manual control, no?

http://www.ehow.com/how_8134482_delete-videos-ipod-touch.html

"Choose "Cancel" when prompted to sync and erase your device, and click on your iPod once it loads in iTunes. Check the box next to the option "Manually manage music," then continue with "OK," and "Apply.""

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I understood him as saying it was only on his iPhone, not in his iTunes library. Otherwise, yes, you have to delete from both locations or adjust syncing options.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks