What's new

Official iPhone 4 thread (1 Viewer)

KeithAP

Screenwriter
Real Name
Keith
FYI, my free iPhone 4 case from Apple (I choose the Pixel Skin HD) which was scheduled to ship September 4 has already shipped. Got the email yesterday. Delivery is slated for the 27th.

So it seems Apple is a little ahead of their estimate, at least with that case.

-Keith

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
Those of you with the free case app, Is it just the black apple bumper you can get or any color? My wife wanted the white iPhone, but with no news we think we are just going to move forward with black phones, but she wants the pink case. It appears apple is not selling any cases on the site any more, so is it just they moved all resources to create black ones to give away, or can you pick your color using the app. If she has to get a black phone, and not have a pink bumper either, she will be a little sad about it.

Small thing yes, but still...

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Just black was being offered at the end of July.

Don't know if that changed since.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I was curious and I looked at the Apple site. I was surprised the white iPhone 4 is still not available. I guess they are still trying to hammer out production issues.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
only a black bumper is free, there are other cases there, not sure of color.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ytech_gadg/20100910/tc_ytech_gadg/ytech_gadg_tc3595

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
Thanks for all the info. Part of us going within the next few weeks is because of the case program and return program ending. Might just have to get the black bumpers, sell one to put towards the pink one.

Have to call AT&T to find out if the return policy is for orders taken before the 30 still get full refund in 30 days, or if after the 30th you cannot return without the restock fee (I would think the former, but you never know) and to find out if we order the 29th, but phones are on back order for a few weeks what happens then?

My wifes perfect phone combo http://static.businessinsider.com/image/4c3ce0a67f8b9ab0683d0000-400-300/iphone-4-bumper.jpg she wont have.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I did a Google search for the Proximity Sensor fix. I found an article on PC World's site that says that Apple released iOS 4.1 that has the fix for the Proximity sensor issue and it was released this past week.

Have any of you guys done the update your iPhone 4 yet? I'm still running with the factory 4.0 OS.

Thanks!

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Updated release day. Have played briefly with the HDR photos; not enough to have an opinion. And registered with the GameCenter, as seen in the GC thread :) I have no prox sensor issues, so I didn't notice any changes.

This appears to be a no-downside, install-immediately upgrade.

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Dave.

Interesting you didn't have the proximity issue. I didn't have it myself when I first got the phone, but I noticed it start to happen a month or 2 ago.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
I think we are getting phones tomorrow. I see online they now have refurb. local store is willing to throw in car chargers to get our business instead of us getting $50/per phone discount online, but we only need one as I already have in car charger, so is there anything else we could ask for? I know they wont be able to get to the $50/phone savings, but we get our phones right away.

Maybe see if they can do a discounted mobile me family pack, but since that is not an att product, doubt they could do it. Maybe a package or two of screen protectors?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I don't know how you can get $50 discount on new iPhones, but if that's being offered, take it. Don't get overpriced geegaws if you can get $100 cash. You can get a car charger for $5 from Amazon. Screen protectors aren't needed with an iPhone. And if you have reception problems, you can get a free Bumper from Apple.

Otherwise, I'd asked for $50 iTunes gift cars in lieu of cash; it's easy to spend money on apps.

Edit: you can't

iPhone and iPhone accessories are excluded from this promotion.
So take whatever you can get from them: car charger, case, extended warranty, bluetooth earpiece.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
Dave, this is not a promotion. I would get refurb iPhones for $150/piece online instead of brand new phones at $200. If it was not going to be a pain to port over two numbers online I would be all over it, but I can see only a way to port over one number, so have no idea how I would port over the second number.

But $100 savings is nothing to sneeze at, but no idea how long it takes to get them, were as local they are in stock for new.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Ok, so you're switching carriers and considering refurb iPhones online, at a $50 discount, or new phones at the local store with some goodies tossed in to get your business. And multiple phone # porting looks difficult online.

I buy new on gadgets, so I have nothing useful to say on that aspect. If they're willing to toss in some goodies, I'd look at their cases, car charger, or belt holder, discount on bluetooth earpiece. No harm in asking about a discount on Mobile Me, if that's something you want or use.

Even a $5 or $10 iTunes GC would get you started with some great paid apps.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
Ok, just got the phones last night. Love the display! They are heavier then anticipated.

Able to order one case with no problems, but had to call Apple to get the case submitted for my phone.

I can bring the phone down by 2 bars with the 'death grip' but never goes below 1 bar so far.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
Ok need help with volume control. How do I turn down the normal volume? Hitting the button on the side only does the ringer volume, so as I type this my key oars click is extremely loud, even with my ringer volume all the way down.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I don't have that issue. My volume on side also controls click sound level.

You can turn off sound with the side on off button or go to settings, sounds, keyboard clicks - off.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
ah, played some more and the volume of everything is going down, it's just that even at one volume cube, it's still loud when a background app (im client) notifies me there is an IM. only other option is to turn off volume and go with vibrate. Thanks on the keyboard sounds also, turned that click off so that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks