*** Official INTOLERABLE CRUELTY Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Robert Crawford, Oct 9, 2003.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Intolerable Cruelty". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

2. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The Coen brothers have done it again, crafted a fun yarn about the need for matrimony and discovering the cost of it. The film builds slowly, with many details that add to the overall tone of the film, with the to-be-expected eccentric/fun/scheming Coen characters adding to the canvas, and I think the climax and resolution are very satisfying.

I give it 3 stars, or a solid grade of B.

3. Tim Glover

Tim Glover Lead Actor

Tim Glover
    Saw this Saturday night and agree with Patrick's review. I give this a solid [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I think Clooney is an underrated comedy actor. This could be one I would like to own on dvd.

4. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] - out of four

This along with Mystic River was one of two movies I missed because the damn MTA bus strike. I'm glad to say that I've now seen yet another brilliant work of comedy from the coen bros. This is a great screwball comedy in the classic vein. It's damn near as good a script as Big Lebowski (and that's saying something), it's the little things that really stand out, like the way they make Weezer Joe's inhaler an essential part of the film rather than just have it be an amusing character trait.

Just all around delightful, hysterical film. I've not laughed this hard all year, and I think my top ten is in need of an updating.

Adam