What's new

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) (3 Viewers)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Since it came out, I've probably downloaded and installed the Emperor's Tomb demo about five times. I never have gotten very far in it. I gave it another shot last night, using a gamepad instead of struggling with a mouse, and I finally finished it. I had never even gotten to the water before, but this time I was in Hong Kong and then fighting German planes from atop a tram car. Fun stuff. Too bad the game is now off the market and expensive besides!

I have Infernal Machine and have never really played it. Maybe I'll search for it and give it another try. I downloaded the demo because it was easier than looking for it, but it was broken. It wouldn't let me swim through a tunnel I needed to swim through.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Greg, I own both Emperor's Tomb and Infernal Machine for PC. Beware with IM running on XP. If you use a heavy weapon, i.e. a bazooka, it'll freeze the game I think. I reinstalled Infernal Machine and have been occasionally playing it. I stopped playing Emperor's Tomb only because of some damn jumping puzzles near the end of the game.
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is also great. I've only completed the game on the "Team" Path though. Need to try out the Wits and Fists Path. It's playable on modern PC operating systems using ScummVM.
Hope you track down Infernal Machine, Greg!:crazy:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

I pretty much know where it is, so it isn't a problem. Having to find and buy Emperor's Tomb is a bigger issue. I used to have stores in the area with old stock, but they've pretty much gotten rid of it all by now.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
It's crazy!:eek: I bought Emperor's Tomb on PC waaaaaaaaaaay last year from my local GameStop! Only was $19.99 and had the box and all the contents. Maybe Amazon Marketplace for a fixed price? I know I need to buy a new USB analog controller for my PC since the left stick is wonky.
I can't wait for the upcoming next gen, 360 version in my case, of Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings! Well, it's the tentative title for the next 3D Indiana Jones game. Why not have Iron Phoenix or the Spear of Destiny actually be made into the next game? The former was actually supposed to be the next Indiana Jones adventure game but was scrapped and made into a comic book. Spear of Destiny didn't even get past the planning stages and also made into comic book. So actually I'd love to see Indiana Jones and the Iron Phoenix to be finally made into a high quality game in the same respect as Fate of Atlantis.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Maybe they have it at Half Price Books. I found Die Hard PC there. I specifically went looking for that, too. It's kind of rare to find exactly what you're after in a situation like that.

Paul Arnette

Senior HTF Member
Just to continue rifting on the Indiana Jones video game side discussion for a bit, does anyone else wish Lucasfilm would license the engine from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and make a next gen Indy game? Oh, wouldn't that be awesome!

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
It could still be on the back burner for all I know.:confused: It disappeared because LucasArts felt The Force Unleashed deserved a higher priority compared to another Indiana Jones game. I for one don't give one iota of care to the new game. My interest lies with Indiana Jones! Barely any Indiana Jones games have been released in the past 20 years. I could do a super long post of what I'd love to see in the new Indiana Jones game with the gameplay and everything, but I think I might go overboard on it.:crazy:

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Maybe instead of one game we'll have two? Perhaps both interlock in some way? Meaning you play the game which is set before the other one. You complete it and start playing the other one. The second checks the hard drive anyway so it can carry over things. Well, more for 360 I guess for achievements. Here's hoping the achievements for the 360 version is going to be great in the same style of both BioShock and The Orange Box. Just randomly cool Indiana Jones stuff too.
I'm just hoping another team is still working on the upcoming Indiana Jones game.:crazy:

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
A second viewing of this film defintely helped. I enjoyed the film much more this time. It's far from perfect, but it is certainly better than Last Crusade for me.
Still don't like the introduction of Marion, which seemed forced, and the less said about the vine swinging the better!! Spoiled what was otherwise a great sequence.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

I didn't care for the vine swinging either, but John Williams did compose some very nice musical cues for the vine swinging sequences.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I'm in the minority on the Vine swinging. It was a nice break from the less than inspiring story. ;)

I also enjoyed the score Chris. Not a monumental one but pretty good in places.

Taking in a 2nd viewing this evening-going with some friends who haven't seen it yet.

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
SERIOUSLY DUDE! Were you abducted by :alien: or what?!:crazy:

Can't wait for my second theatrical viewing!:D

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
Saw it. It was so so. Some nice bits, some clunky bits, and a McGuffin that had no real sense of peril or import. Much the same for the movie.

Ford looked good in spots and terrible in others. I agree the story did not flow and seemed terribly patchy.

Any sense of tension was lost with the A-bomb sequence.

Jrf2

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
James
I've seen it twice now, and it played better second time around. This is not the second coming, but more of the same, only with slightly different inspiration (50's sci-fi) and more ridiculous stunts. I don't like it nearly as much as Raiders or Temple, but it matches Last Crusade for me. Harrison Ford, a little grouchier and creakier, still has what it takes to be Indiana Jones, and that relieved me more than anything else.

The Tarzan homage was just too much for me (and yes, that's after the nuclear explosion.)

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I saw it today. Not "Raiders", but up there with Last Crusade and better than Temple (which just doesn't feel like an Indy flick to me). LeBeof was the weak point of the movie to me, it could just be that he's the current Hollywood flavor of the week and is overexposed. It's good to see Karen Allen again though. They don't make many goofy action/adventure movies like this any more, and that is a shame.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Well, if Ray does indeed get a bigger font, then we're more forced to actually read his posts ;) :)

Indy 4 does work better the 2nd time...More later.

Thanks Bryan!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks