What's new

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008) (1 Viewer)

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
Can this be kept to After Hours please? This thread is aboot the new Indiana Jones movie/film/jobby!

By the way, maybe he went on a super long vacation? After hours please!

And maybe some comments about my topics I brought up?:crazy:

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Being an ass is certainly not gonna help in that regard (neither does using a tiny font.) Timobi is an esteemed member here and a few posts welcoming him back aren't gonna ruin the thread.

--
H

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Thanks guys. To make this 'thread' related I've actually been away for awhile working with GL on the script for Indiana Jones. Obviously, he didn't use my draft. :P

Ray_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
R. Ray Rogers II
NO YOU WEREN'T TIM! You were abducted by :alien: and party hardied!:crazy: Don't lie! Had fun though?

So, uh, what do people think is gonna be on the DVD and Blu-ray in terms of extras? I'm pondering the first disc is of course gonna be the film with lossless audio with some subtitled trivia track. Disc two should be the extras, including all the storyboards, concept art, set designs and such. Of course having it in three main sections would be great too. First more for the film and the action with the production. Second with the special effects and such. Third just everything else.
Here's hoping it'll have the poster art!:D Oh, and how about a booklet while we're at it?

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Man I can't tell you how nice it is to be back and to have such warm posts about my return. Seriously, it's very, very kind. :) This is my first time to be back on the HTF since last October so I just read this entire thread. And no, I am not dead. :P Zach's post was a tad freaky though. ;)

My absence wasn't as long as Indy's though to make this thread related. :D Just so there are no misconceptions: I was not banned or asked to leave, just had a litte trouble logging on. No juicy story to tell. I was going to say that I went back and watched Attack Of The Clones another 32 times but then Zach would have been correct about my death. hehehehe

Seriously, I have GREATLY missed the passionate, polite, & intelligent discussions about The Movies with you all. Talk about a personal movie discussion void? Hey I need to trademark that statement! PMDV syndrome. :)

Wonderful to be among fellow film lovers again.

Tim

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Tim, glad to have you back. Your review aptly sums up my feelings of the film after one viewing. I did warm up to it after viewing number 2.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Thanks Chris. :) I plan on taking in another viewing this weekend.

Let me add on to what Chuck M. wrote regarding Karen Allen. She did look out of place. Just didn't look right. I was excited in learning she was returning and on paper it probably worked. But something about her affect wasn't natural?

I do think Harrison still has IT though. Regardless of the poor script, Ford is still a Screen Gem.

Jari K

Senior HTF Member

I have to agree. He didn´t "fail" IMO. Age didn´t matter that much.

It´s just, that probably several other actors were somewhat "underused" (is that the correct word?). Karen Allen was slightly rusty and they didn´t fully used the great potential of Ray Winstone (same thing with "The Departed", IMO). Cate Blanchett was good, but not very memorable villain (usually you´ll at least remember the villains) and Shia LaBeouf did his "own thing" (not THAT special). John Hurt was pretty good, but his character was a bit odd (in more ways than one.. ;) ).

Like I said, don´t get me wrong, this was pure entertainment and I was being entertained, but there were minor issues here-and-there that could´ve been polished - script wise, at least. The truth probably is, that in the end they chose the "more mediocre" script (kinda got "blind" to these various screenplays over the years).

But I guess I´m not following my "own rule". With certain films, it´s probably best not to "over-analyse" too much... ;)

(I still blame Lucas.. :D )

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Sorry. I didn't realize after 110 years that there was anyone who didn't know the ending of the novel.

Doug

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Welcome back, Tim. :)

I haven't seen IJ4 yet, but I'm glad it's basically what I expected: entertaining and fun as always.
Keep the opinions coming, guys! Happy to read your experiences.

Cees

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

That was the explanation from the theater manager I complained to when I saw the film opening day and it had drop-outs. He claimed to have an email from Paramount saying this was the case.

Fact of the matter is that he was either lying or didn't know what he was talking about. As I pointed out, his theater had sound drop-outs during the previews too, so it wasn't just the print of the movie. Also, I have since seen the movie elsewhere, and there were no drop-outs. The theater manager was honest enough to refund my money for the 7 tickets I purchased for opening day.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

Sounds like he was handing you a load of B.S. so he wouldn't have to refund your money for a technical problem. He probably already knew that they were having a problem, and wouldn't have a tech out to fix it for several days, so they have a "story" to tell people who complain. I remember being told one time that Spartacus was out of focus because it was "an old film".

The studio might put a particular sound on the prints that is almost inaudible, but they wouldn't put a full out drop out.

Doug

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
RE: the jungle chase.

Can someone explain to me why they still had roads to drive/chase on after Indy obliterated the jungle cutter with an RPG?

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Just saw my second viewing last night. Still holds up fine for me. Really, there are only a couple issues I have with it:

a) Harrison's weak readings in the opening - does not "sound like Indy"
b) Too much apparent cooperation between Indy and the Russians (opening scene and at the jungle camp)

Other than that, I like the movie just fine. It doesn't have anymore "issues" for me than does ToD or TLC.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

They had roads because of the timing of the flux capacitor, in relation to the gyroscopic stabilization of the dingus. You see the roads are created via the energy released from the vortex.

This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. The broadcasters of your area in voluntary cooperation with the Federal, State and local authorities have developed this system to keep you informed in the event of an emergency.

If this had been an actual emergency, the Attention Signal you just heard would have been followed by official information, news or instructions. This concludes this test of the Emergency Broadcast System.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks