What's new

*** Official IN GOOD COMPANY Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This film succeeds in crafting characters that you care about by the time the credits roll around. Both Topher Grace and Dennis Quaid come up strong, though the screenplay feels a little bloated at time, or there are many more quiet moments than the trailers would lead you to expect. It's not a full-on comedy, but the funny moments come out of the real life drama and circumstances. All in all, a pleasant viewing experience, and it leaves you wanting just a little more.

I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "In Good Company". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Dave Hackman

Stunt Coordinator
Corporate restructure hits Sports America and Dan Foreman (Dennis Quaid) head of ad sales finds his job has been taken by a 26-year-old kid Carter Duryea (Topher Grace). Lucky for him he is allowed to stick around and be a wingman. This isn’t something he really wants to due but with a baby on the way and 2 kids and a wife (Ann Foreman) to look after he has little choice. Many are fired and times are bleak under the control of the inexperienced kid. Carter is recently divorced and really has nothing other then his so-called career for a life. Spending weekends at work is nothing for him and he longs for something more. A relationship develops between he and Foreman’s college daughter Alex (Scarlett Johansson). Both decide to keep it hush, hush for the time being.

Pretty safe movie that is unremarkable in any area and simple gets by with excellent chemistry and an average story. Ann Foreman, Dennis Quaid and Topher Grace are perfect picks and all work well with one-another. My only complaint is with Scarlett Johansson who sounded like she had a frog in her throat and in my opinion looked very unattractive. This is a pretty safe watch for a family as long as your kids are teenagers.

I would give it a higher rating for a prettier actress. I’m a pig

C+

P.S. Joe Buck if your reading you probably should skip this movie for there is an actual mooning and I would hate for you to see that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks