*** Official "IMPOSTER" Review Thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by steve jaros, Jan 6, 2002.

1. steve jaros

steve jaros Second Unit

Steve
    Forget about about the miserable reviews - this is one film the critics have got all wrong. Impostor is exciting, fast-paced, well-acted, convincingly atmospheric, and has a neat twist at the end.

This film entertained me from start to finish. Sure, you'll see elements of every post-bladerunner futuristic thriller in it, but so what?

I dozed off during Harry Potter and Shrek, but not Impostor. Go see it, you won't regret it! Well, at least if you're like me...

2. Stephen R

Stephen R Stunt Coordinator

I've seen it, and I do regret it. Sorry.

3. Jason Whyte

Jason Whyte Screenwriter

From my 2002 Film List update:
    "Impostor has a moment or two of interest in its premise, some fair production design and the always reliable Gary Sinise, but don't think for a second I'm going to defend this film. It is a mess of storytelling with moronic characters and some truly bad dialogue. Oh and it's a technical nightmare, with slackjaw editing, dumb camera angles and unimpressive visual effects. Gary Fleder fans will love it, and I'm looking right at the two of you."
    You know a film is bad when the only thing that interested me was Gary Sinise in the shower that seemed to spray about 1000 megatons of water all to the tune of John Lee Hooker.
    Damn, what a cool shower! [​IMG]
    Jay

4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Imposter". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.
    Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!
    If you need to discuss those type of issues, please post your discussion comments in the Official Discussion Thread for this film which can be found here.
    Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
    Crawdaddy

5. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

Dave
    Color me slow... I just saw Imposter last night at the second-run theater, and I really enjoyed it! I'm suprised 1) that only three people seemed to have seen it here at HTF, and 2) it's taking such a beating.
    First, it was fun.
    First, Imposter is an honest-to-goodness Science-Fiction movie!
    Third, I thought the visuals were well realized, and though indicative of a modest budget at times, served the story (rather than the story serving the effects).
    For my money, this is more interesting than Total Recall, less bleak and oppressive than Blade Runner (a movie I like, but not convinced deserving of it's reverential treatment), more realistic than The Sixth Day and approaching Gattaca as a solid, intelligent, sci-fi movie.
    As an average movie-goer, I have no complaints about the filming, acting, etc. Rather, I enjoyed the dialogue, performances, and multitude of details suggesting an entire 50-years of history that we aren't privy to.
    If you've been lamenting the lack of "sci" in your "-fi", then give Imposter a chance.

6. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Well, I dug out my review from early last month and I was about to post it here, until I realized...
    The vibe in this thread is surprisngly upbeat about this movie and you don't need my hateful venom mucking things up.
    Let's just say I didn't like this one. A whole lot. [​IMG]

7. James T

James T Screenwriter

I liked the movie all the way until ending...that's where it fell apart