What's new

*** Official "I SPY" Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "I Spy". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.
Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!
If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.
Crawdaddy

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i guess it's saying something if i'm the first person to post a review of this.
hmm....the movie isn't terribly awful, but i think it's safe to say "wait for video".
in summary:
charisma
wilson and murphy did a good job. i felt they had good chemistry and most of the scenes felt natural.
plot
eh...? what's that? nothing you haven't seen before. even the plot twist was predicatble.
humor
i did laugh out loud a couple of times, but they were few and far between.
so, overall i'll give this a "C-"

Moe Maishlish

Supporting Actor
Wow... only the second post for this film. I'm surprised, given that the theater was packed when I went to see I Spy this weekend.
Overall, I enjoyed this film. Don't get me wrong, it won't be winning any awards for anything, but if you're looking for something to make you smile, laugh, and occasionally cringe (I'm not fond of embarassing moments for characters onscreen), then go see this movie!
In terms of chemistry, Eddie Murphy's been doing a lot of buddy flicks lately, Showtime being the last that I remember viewing... and while DeNiro & Murphy mixed together like oil & water in Showtime, Murphy & Wilson make a more credible comedic team with I Spy.
I give this :star: :star: :star: stars out of 5.
Moe.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks