What's new

*** Official I HEART HUCKABEE'S Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I had a good time watching this film. The dinner scene with Steve's sponsor family almost killed me. The dialogue was entertaining, the physical humor, while sparse, hits the mark more times than not. The ideas between the "warring" factions produced some unintended side-effects for the unsuspecting disciples. The performances never grated on my nerves, which can happen with off-beat films.

Mark Wahlberg's character started out so off the wall, but by the end, he was probably the most honest character in terms of outlook, and won me over.

I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Pretty much what Patrick wrote, but I probably liked it better. For me it is one of the year’s best comedies—I thought a film made for adults, without any pandering.

Dave Hackman

Stunt Coordinator
An offbeat humorous delving into a young environmentalist desire for insight and meaning into his recent rash of uncanny coincidence. Providing this service pro bono is Dustin Hoffman and Lily Tomlin who are Existential Detectives whose clients find them through various and strange referrals or serendipitous events. They use P.I techniques such as audio/video recording and old fashion snooping around to obtain as much information as they can on their clients. Jason Schwartzman plays the Open Space environmentalist. He and his team; work on his everyday life and his current issues involving Jude Law and Law's girlfriend Naomi Watts. Along this journey he befriends Mark Wahlberg, a disgruntle client of the Existential team and a petroleum intolerant firefighter.

These two buddy up and rebel against the team, by seeking the dark side of awareness taught by Isabelle Huppert, who instructs both confused men in her perceived way of understanding. All parties become entangled in the unraveling of each other’s so called reality and rebuilding of their newly found selves.

Well it is weird and pretty silly but on some strange level slightly entertaining and dare I say memorable. I went to their website and listened to that hypnotic jingle and it instantly put a smile on my face and a desire to see this movie again.

Impossible to recommend due to it’s strangeness, but for the willing all I can say is watch out because what you initially consider a babble of double talk and waste of talent becomes a pretty funny movie that takes time to appreciate. Don’t listen to that music, it’s subliminally evil.

C Initial rating
BThe more I write and think about it
A After listening to the looped movie jingles and funny vocal samples for 2 days straight.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "I Heart Huckabee's". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Winston T. Boogie

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Not much in the way of reviews on this film either. So far for me this was one of my favorite films of the year. Perhaps even the one I liked the most. Certainly the best comedy so far.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I really liked it. Quirky, intelligent, and overall extremely well done. Many people deserve recognition for this movie, and I wouldn't be surprised to see this listed for Original Screenplay at the Oscars. Jude Law was amazing to watch as he fell apart, I really hope he gets an Oscar for something this year.

A great movie, I highly recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks