What's new

*** Official I AM LEGEND Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Todd, that was not in the book but I must admit, that's a very interesting theory for the movie although I doubt very much that what was going on with the mutants.

Lucia Duran

Screenwriter
While I enjoyed this film, there were parts that had me a bit confused. What were the mutants doing when Neville came into that room and flashed his light on them? Why didn't they attack him?

What about this virus caused these infected people to get these super human strengths?

I think Will Smith was great in this movie and I would gladly pay to see it again. The scenes with Sam were so haunting and so terribly sad. I cried when she became infected and had to kill her.

The scene in the bathtub was another intense moment for me. How horrible would it be to live in NYC all alone with these mutants and never know for usre if you will find a cure or other uninfected. Gut wrenching scene seeing him that tub.

I am glad they injected a bit of humor into this movie, because it needed it once in a while.

A+

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I assumed that darkseekers slept during the daytime standing up. They didn't attack him because they hadn't yet noticed him. When he made too much noise, they took chase.

JoshRas

Stunt Coordinator
Loved the movie but felt it could have been around 30 mins longer to flesh out some of the story and perhaps give more back story about the virus.

Havent read the book, but what was Ana's betrayal in the book? thanks

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Josh,

The woman in the book was part of a new, evolved vampire species that was able to walk during the day and had a normal, functioning brain. She was sent as a spy to find out how much Neville knew about the vampires and what his plans were. She lived with Neville for some time and was falling in love with him but was forced to leave his side when he took a sample of her blood and found out she was one of the infected ones.

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
And the ending in the book gives total meaning to the name "I am Legend" because...

Neville was hunting and killing the vampires during the day and therefore he became the #1 enemy to this new evolved species. When human beings were the dominant species, the vampires were the monsters. Now that the vampires were the dominant species, Neville was the monster, the outsider and he became their boogeyman...a legend to them. Neville realized this during the last minutes of his life, right before he was about to be executed, and he said "I am Legend". end of book

Now tell me this wouldn't have made a really, really smart, thought-provoking, compelling movie. :)

I liked this movie a lot but IMHO, the greatness and irony of the book ending is lost. Different flavors for different tastes I guess.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
How did Ana get on and off the island? Was the quarantine incomplete? Or do the new Ford SUV's amphibious?

todd s

Senior HTF Member

I assume she was able to find a boat in Brooklyn, NJ or Staten Island on her way to NY. Since they were all used to take people off the island.

Al_S

Second Unit
I saw the movie and thought the ending was terrible. It was like the last 3rd of the movie was written by a different person from the one who wrote the first 2/3 of the movie.

Darcy Hunter

Stunt Coordinator

I'm sure they will all be on the eventual DVD release. I know there that one shot in the trailer of Neville surrounded by the infected with one of them hissing in his ear. This scene obviously takes place during the finale in his lab, but there is no way this could have happened based on the outcome of the scene. Maybe this was something like the ending of the novel where he gives himself up to the night seekers so that Ana and Ethan could make their escape.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I would love to see a prequel/sequel where they show the events after the Neville's wife & kid leave. I want to see how the population around him changed and those who were immuned were hunted by the infected. I want to see how he got his house prepped. If the disease killed 90% of its victims. Where are the millions of bodies?? Did the infected eat them?

While not many people liked the end. I wonder if they will do a sequel based from survivors at the town at the end?

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Didn't that happen when Neville went berserk with his SUV after Sam died? Neville's SUV turned upside down and one of the mutants went in the car, hissed in his ear and just when he was about to attack, Ana showed up and saved him. Maybe it's that scene but flipped, so that it looks like Will Smith is standing up.

A sequel? Hmmm, I don't know about that.

Ben Osborne

Second Unit
I liked this movie, but I agree that it could have been longer, and that the ending could have been better. For me the best part is when the darkseeker traps Neville in the noose trap using the video store mannequin. I would have liked to see some explanation and discussion of the head darkseeker's intelligence. For instance, if he can't go out in the daylight, how did he know that Neville would recognize the mannequin from the video store?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks