What's new

*** Official HTF SOCOM Clan Thread (1 Viewer)

James St

Supporting Actor
What a great challenging weekend of Socom fun. I wish I could play with you guys more during the week but everyone is in bed by the time I get on.
Even though we got our asses kicked last night, the clan we played was very cool. While they talked almost as much about their car mods then the game and strategy, they had the utmost respect for us and kept it clean. I'd like to rematch these guys and hopefully next time there won't be nearly as many disconnects and lag:angry:.
See you guys online. Hooha! :)
MrJames

Brandon_H

Stunt Coordinator
I must say, it's nice to finally be part of a group that plays a game for the right reasons -- that is, for fun. I got tired of having 13-year-olds screaming obscenities in my ear during Counter-Strike.

A few questions:
-- Will we be carrying the HTF clan over into different games? I'm thinking Tribes: Aerial Assault, maybe an AutoModellista HTF racing team, and then -- when Xbox Live launches -- a little Unreal Championship action. We could carry over our same nicks and whatnot. Any thoughts?

And anyone who has gotten voice chat to work with a Netgear Firewall Router (i.e., the Netgear FM114P,) please share some tips. . . Thanks.

Brandon "Actinide" Haddock

GaryP

Second Unit
Brandon,
I'm definitely down for a multi-genre squad using the same screen names, etc. I can't imagine playing with a better group of guys (and gal ;)) than the ones right here.
Ben,
You'll probably need to create a nick with the HTF-prefix as in HTF-Sherbz and our decorated Skipper will fire off an invite.
Gary

GaryP

Second Unit
Guys,
I fired up a HTF room in US East 2 1: no password. Hope some of you can swing by. :emoji_thumbsup:
Gary

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Hey Gary,

It's a little early for me right now, but I'll stop on by at around 11 or 11:30 Central. Hope to see some of you.

GaryP

Second Unit
Well,
I thought I was doing everybody a favor by leaving the room without a password. Bad idea. People started bad mouthing our "style" of play becuse Josh was camping a little bit. For cryin' out loud he was outnumbered 4 to 1. Conversation started to get a little heated. Just as I was going back for a new round to give 'em more of an earfull, I got bumped. Just as well, as I need to cool off a bit. I left the room open thinking that if it was a slow night, we could still get a full game. Maybe I'm overreacting but people like that are what make me hate playing online games. On the other hand it makes me appreciate you guys even more. You guys rock! :emoji_thumbsup: Just thought I'd vent a little bit. Feel a little better now.
Gary
PS. Jason, let me know where you're going to setup and I'll see if I can find you.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Gary I've had some bad matches like that that turn me off to the game altogether. Luckily the positive matches I've had (especially with you guys) outweight the negative ones. I won't be active for a day or maybe more due to homework.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I was ready to start fragging that Xerxes guy. He kept killing the hostages and even killed a teammate. I was so pissed and as a result I wasn't playing well. Later on when all the HTFers were on the same team I started to enjoy the game again and did pretty well but some of those random people were annoying. Next time we have an open room, we should make clan members always on the same team. Also, playing a few rounds as a terrorist tonight was a nice change of pace. We need to play as terrorists more often. The F90 is awesome and the sub machine gun is decent.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Dave, accidental hostage kills and friendly fire can and does happen. Or was this guy doing it on purpose or something? In that case, I guess voting him out would be the best thing to do, but if he was just playing bad or possibly new, I'd probably just cut him some slack.

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
I have to agree with Dave and Gary, some of the immature comments coming from other players last night were ridiculous. Stencil was outnumbered 3 to 1 on Abandoned, and was trying, carefully, to remove a terrorist on a building top. Comments came flying about how he should just die so other people can start playing. It was upsetting for sure. Why can't the mics go out at those times?

Anyway, I was on the terrorists side for a few rounds, and no one on that team of 6 said a word, no replies to how to go through a plan, nothing... just stupid comments, so I know they could hear me, but no one wanted to play like a team. Bottom line, I'm sticking with HTF as much as possible.

Don't get me wrong, I have played against and with some very good people out there, but the majority, has been sub-par.

Let's go again tonight, and if we don't password the room, then find a way to make HTF stay on one side, either the terrorist or Seals, I am liking both lately. I have no problem having unknowns in the game, I like it, I just wish were on one side. I agree with Dave, the F90 is a choice weapon, quick, and very quiet... the only thing you have to watch, it has a shorter range, but I love it.

Good game to the guys who were on last night with me, Nightwing, JoBoo, Stencil, and Dfbennet.

Tom

Jon Teddlie

Stunt Coordinator
Guys, it would be really helpful if someone would post what room you are playing in, I looged into east 2 1 and could see all your names but couldn't figure out what game you where in (I wish sony would add a people/room search)

Leslie W

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys ... it's the gal here !
After watching ya'll play the last few days .... I have some observations. First off ..... JoBoo ... you were kicking some serious butt the other night. That having been said ... on to the boring hum-drum stuff.
Cal has already brought up closing off a room and running the maps together. This is vital to clan team work. We just found out last night there is a way to get waaaaayyyyy waaaaaayyyy up on the hill on the right side of the map in Abandoned. ( This being the right side of the map if you are a terrorist, facing the seals insertion point of the game. ) I knew you could climb the hill a little bit if the way and snipe, but it was so close to the ground, you could be seen easily. Since you only have 6 minutes per round, I suggest teams of 3-4 if that many can make it on. You will have to remember to set the member assignment to Random when you create the game or you will be stuck. ( lol like we were the other night with no one brave enuff to take on the Mighty HTF ).
Secondly.... What are you going to do when you take on another clan and your headsets go kaput ? You have to work out some means of communication during game play. It would be nice if everyone had something like me and Cal where he plays and I sit and distract ya'll on AIM to tell you things. ;)
But that prolly ain't happening huh ?
One thing that I have seen work in the bomb runs is : Use your circle button and pull up Tactical Commands and use the " Cover Me ! " blurb when you get the bomb.
When it happens that you lose communications in a round, next time you enter the lobby and can type/chat, use your Team option on the onscreen keyboard and assign team mates to cover each other. If Dave and Gary work well together in a map, then Dave and Gary are together with another member for cover. Got a good sniper ? Assign someone with good shooting accuracy to cover his back while he gets set up. Don't leave your buddy unless you have to. There is a saying " Safety in numbers " for a reason.
When you are playing solo in your HTF nick or whatever name you choose, look for members of other clans to play with on the same team. Watch what they do. Do they have a fav camping spot ? Where is it ? Does a rival clan member always pick a certain path to run in a map ? Remember that and when you battle that clan, you can use it against them. :D
Tip : When playing a bombing run and you set the bomb up to detonate .... drop a smoke grenade or two right there. This makes finding the bomb almost impossible. I saw this done last night and it was fantastic !!! The guy who was trying to find the bomb to defuse looked all over and could not see it and got blown to smithereens. ( That person shall remain nameless as I would not want to embarass our distinguished leader ;) ..... )
A lot of us have mentioned that it bothers them when people shoot dead players. I personally don't like this. I know this may sound extreme being it is a video game after all .... but I feel it shows disrespect to your opponents. HTF Forum is a place where mature people meet to talk about intelligent topics that sometimes get into some indepth stuff. I don't know how the board owners feel about us using HTF in our names .... but as long as we are allowed to do so, I feel we should present ourselves as best we can. I don't care to play with people who make racial slurs, use a great deal of profane language, or insult team members and opponents. NO ONE ON HTF TEAM HAS DONE THIS !!!!! But I have played with people who have, and it ruins the game. But sometimes even asking nicely for the person to stop does not work. It can even make the situation worse. Opening our rooms to the general server population makes it possible for this to happen. People can even try and vote our clan members out if they want to. ( Just bring it ..... I'll frag ya if you try ! ) But playing against ourselves all the time is not going to improve our skills over all. We need fresh competition to stay up there.
I hope I have brought up some points you feel are worthwhile. You guys are getting so good I am going to be out of a job pretty soon. While you are on the front line, I'll be back at HQ sipping chocolate and eating bonbons. ( Ummmmm ..... can someone tell me what a bonbon is so I can get some to eat ? )
Leslie

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
It was definitely intentional that Xerxes was intentionally killing hostages and teammates. I told him over the com that he was doing nothing but making us lose and he didn't respond. All I know is that I'm fine playing against random people, I'm just starting to loathe playing with them.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Usually I'm really upset when I miss a meet or two with you guys but it sounds like the past session was a pain in the balls with the room open to all.

Bottom line, I'm sticking with HTF as much as possible.
Amen. No cheating, no bullshit comments, and people who you know you can talk too.

Now onto more administrative tasks. I'll be sending Cal the rankings tommorrow via email and then we'll debut them here. We'll then get to deciding our official places in the clan and get to practicing for at least 1 game a night on our "official" teams.

Sorry for the delay in getting these prepared but the past few days have been really hectic for me (Hence not being able to play with you guys for the pas 2-3 nights). I hope to be on tonight or tommorrow. (Or hopefully both). See you guys soon.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Cool Romier. Since we have way more than 8 members, are you going to have like a competing A team, and even more specific, a terrorist competing A team and a seal competing A team? And then lesser members (like myself) could we could have B teams that will let us hone our skills and improve and fight against weaker clans or something.

I was thinking it'd be a good idea, once we get these teams, we could come up with specific plays for each map, and call them out at the start of the round (maybe we could have a play caller or something in each group). So a certain play would be have 3 seals go right, the other 3 go left, another play could be 2 seals go straight, 2 go right, 2 go left, and each player would know which route to take, who to back up, struff like that (damn this is a runon sentence!).

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I must be getting old. I was all set to hook up with you guys last nite but fell asleep on the couch. Sorry about that Gary, et al.

But it sounds like you got stuck playing with some wankers, that's too bad.

I'm helping a buddy move (again) this afternoon, but will do my best to be home (and awake) by midnite Central time. Hope to see some of you on.

James St

Supporting Actor
Romier, how are the rankings going to work? The online rankings are disabled for the moment so I was just wondering how they are being done.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks