What's new

*** Official HTF SOCOM Clan Thread (1 Viewer)

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Elliott: That sucks. I was having really good connectivity short one boot (not that that helps your situation). What's your setup? What router, modem, service, etc.? I'm sure me and other HTF-Clanners will do what we can to get you on board.

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I was also have connection problems so I gave up too last night. Probably worked out well for me, the little bit I played I was doing terribly...
JQ (HTF- Mr White)

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Cool, I'm glad I'm not alone in my feelings on the excessive corpse shooting. I agree, we should jump up in the air instead. It just looks funny to see a bunch of seals or terrorists hopping up and down in celebration :D

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
I have an SMC Barricade router SMC7004VBR. I am connecting with Bell Sympatico DSL. I have tried to create a DMZ for the PS2, turn off the firewall completely and also forward to the ports for udp to be open from the range of 6000-6 something. Anyway I connect and have voice chat for maybe a minute. Then it's gone and the icon is in the bottom right hand corner with a no. like 15 under it. When I plug the PS2 directly into the modem it's fine.
I'm not network savy but I have been reading tons and nothing seems to work. :angry:

From what you've explained, you've done pretty much everything you can to get your PS2 online (and it has worked), but it's not staying online. I think you may be having a problem with your router.

Not to make things even worse, but SMC products aren't that great, especially their routers. My cousin and a friend both have SMC routers, and they have had problems with them from day one. Connections dropping, LAN settings getting screwed up etc.

I would recommend that you try updating the firmware (if you haven't already). You should also email SMC tech support and let them know what's going on. If that still doesn't work, it may be time to pick up a Linksys or D-Link router.

BTW, I have Rogers Hi-Speed Internet and a Linksys BEFW11S4. I have not once had to use DMZ for my PS2, or open any TCP/UDP ports. Everything worked right away.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Elliot, one of the 4 different routers I had was the SMC you speak of. I never got it working properly. In fact of the 4 different models I tried the only one that worked properly is the Linksys BESFR41. Hope you can figure out a fix.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
A few of us are in US East 2. Look for something with HTF in the game name but it'll be an open match with HTF clan members as seals.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Nice game tonight guys. I was very impressed with our teamwork and how well we all did. I also love our new victory dance :D

JasonK

Supporting Actor
I had a lot of fun tonite guys even though it took me some time to get in the groove. That CN clan worked us, but it was damn good practice. I also learned 2 valuable lessons:
1. Don't always trust that trees will take a bullet for you.
2. Reloading is more important than taunting.
:)
See you all again sometime this week.
Jason (HTF-Pudwacker)

GaryP

Second Unit
Well,
About five of us played another clan. It did not go to well tonight. :frowning: A great man once said:
"If stench had a physical form, that would describe my play tonight"
- Dean DeMass :D
Although I still had a great time (laughed the whole time for the most part) I'm fairly annoyed becasue I was kickin' ass and takin' names the bulk of the afternoon until we suit up against another clan. :thumbsdown: Oh well. Back to the drawing board.
Gary

Tom Fudold

Stunt Coordinator
Last night was pretty fun, I didn't find any HTF board around 10:30pm EST, so I jumped in a game on East 2. About 10 minutes later, I find Nighwing, Joboo, and MrBrett also jumped in. That was pretty cool.

Of course, we had no voice, but as a team, I think we watched out for each other rather well. It was nice to play against unknowns, and you really learn to appreciate how much better it can be playing with fellow HTF'ers.

Unless I missed something, there isn't a way to check if a player is on unless you go to each individual briefing room and check the player list, right? I wish we could just search for HTF*.* and find where you guys may be...

Tom

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Elliot,
I just thought of something. Try configuring your LAN setup for Static IP addresses and then putting the PS2 in the DMZ. I think I actually forgot to do this with both the D-Link(my first one) and the SMC(my third one). Let us know if you can get it to work.

Elliott Willschick

Second Unit
Thanks, I'll try that. The SMC interface is very unclear. Most stuff I'm doing is trial and error. Their tech support should get back to me today. This is so damn irritating. Nothing ever works the way it's suppose to. :angry:

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Sorry I missed the game last night, guys. Came down with something and had to get some extra rest.

So are official clan-clan challenges up, or was this a more informal thing?

Hey guys,

It was definitely fun playing with everyone last night, especially once I was finally able to get the headset to work. It's amazing how much of difference it makes when you can actually communicate with your teammates. Now if only I could ignore the urges to run around in the open trying to shoot everything that moves like I was playing Halo, I might start to increase my kill to death ratio. Maybe that's my problem though, the fact that the game doesn't have a shotgun so you could just run around in the caverns and light somebody up. Although, I did experience the sign of true good game last night in that I dreamed about playing SOCOM, which is something that hasn't happened since Halo.

Wally aka Dolemite

Well, I had tried disabling the firewall and pluggin directly into the dsl modem. The final step I finally did was disabling multi-user support (i.e. router) on the dsl modem. So you were right on with your last comments. Thx for the help. One other problem I was hoping you could help me with: For some reason after too short a period of time, my SOCOM screen will suddenly say "You were killed by dfbennett". Any suggestions or do you just have a tracking device that I don't know about.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks