What's new

*** Official HTF SOCOM Clan Thread (1 Viewer)

GaryP

Second Unit
Dean,
I think we make a great team. I hope you are still playing when I check in. Glad to hear you got a keyboard. :emoji_thumbsup:
Gary

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
I think I am going to be playing for quite awhile. I am really in the mood to play. Plus, I am not going out tonight. :)

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
Okay...
For the new members...
The official emails,(so far), will be sent out in the morning.
This will also include a complete roster with HTF clan nick & real names.

Also...keep in mind that sometimes, its cool to be a terrorist. Some of their guns are pretty good,especially once you see how they work.

Seeya online!

Calvin
HTF-Nightwing (SOCOM Clan Leader)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Did the servers just crash, because I got dropped form the htf room and I cannot get back on at all?

-Dean-

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Also...keep in mind that sometimes, its cool to be a terrorist. Some of their guns are pretty good,especially once you see how they work.
I don't mind being a terrorist at all, but from playing the game I get the feeling that the terrorists have the short end of the stick when it comes to guns. Especially sniping, but also the other ones as well.

JoshF

Supporting Actor
I gotta agree with Ryan... I tend to have much better accuracy with the Seals weapons, not to mentions that they're silenced.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Enjoyed the game tonight but I have a complaint. Perhaps I'm alone but I find it rude when people sit there and shoot the corpses of the opposing team after a round ends. I'm not sure why but this just seems rude. Perhaps I'm alone but if I'm not could we perhaps try not to do that so much? I've got no problem with firing weapons in the air in celebration but something about riddling a corpse with bullets just rubs me the wrong way.
Edit- while I'm at it, if you're gonna start lobbing grenades at the end of the round or firing wildly please say something on the radio as I've had a few times when I was almost fragged at the end of a round by a teammate. Anyhow rant over :)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
Had fun tonight guys. I got dropped on the last map and I didn't feel like coming back, so I just called it a night. I'll be playing again on Monday or Wednesday.

-Dean-

Travis Kolesar

Second Unit
Also with Dave's comments, does nothing for your hit percentage, which will matter for rankings if sony ever gets that fixed....

Good games tonight, playing HTF members is alot more challenging than the public games I've played recently.

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Heh, good game tonight guys (yeah i was on, hooked like crack)
Me and Orpheus ended up with a nice series at the end against Dolomight? and Stencil. The Stencil factor scares the shite out of me! :) Good game guys (too bad the voice kicked out so soon).

Ryan Peter

Screenwriter
Dave the corpse killings are really prevalent in regular public games. It can definitely be fun to let off some steam after a close firefight, but doing it every time feels a bit like cheese to me. Personally I don't care either way (I've done it), but I can see someone who has their system turned up to be pissed with an AK47 being repeatedly fired in their face.

Here's my thoughts from tonight:

-Switch fire rate modes with L3 - UGH!!!!!! It happened a fire times during a close fire fight and sometimes I assumed automatic and actually had it on single burst. Damn that sucks.

-Prone??? Why is it sometimes I can go to prone and sometimes not? I can see in a rocky terrain but tonight I couldn't go prone in places I was just prone in. Frustrating.

- Grenade throwing: I can't seem to get the hang of this, sometimes I throw overhanded (a nice lob) and sometimes I throw underhanded (which doesn't go anywhere). How can you purposely do one or the other?

That's all folks.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Sorry I bugged out early guys, The game froze on me twice tonight and the second time I jumped on back I couldnt get in. I just tried a bit ago and I was able to get in again. Don't know what the hell was happening. From what I got to play I was enjoying myself, though lord knows I was having a horrid night....

JasonKrol

Supporting Actor
last night was AWESOME!! few things.

A) i can totally understand the corpse killing at the end of the matches not being too cool. Sometimes a few extra shots are ok, but during the night, I was a seal and me and a teammate rushed the Ts bomb site and I got killed, then my teammate. And the 2 Ts shot the hell outta him and it eerily looked like something from Black Hawk Down. Kinda depressing. (I will try not to do that anymore)

B) Prone can be tricky. Ive found if your not looking pefectly forward or slightly up you wont go prone. like, if your looking anywhere near the ground it wont go. Also, if your prone and you look too far down your character will get up. (kinda makes sense though)

C) Throwing grenades. I havent percected this yet, but make sure that you are using the pressure senstivity of the R2 button (harder you hold the farther it goes). Also, when holding the button and checking the path of the trajectory, try looking up a bit, and also going First Person. Will help with distance and accuracy. (I love chucking a nade right into the window of the Seals house in Blizzard.)

Dean DeMass

Screenwriter
people sit there and shoot the corpses of the opposing team after a round ends
I am guilty of this and I will stop doing it. You are right, it is kind of rude.
I am pretty good at throwing grenades. You just have to make sure you use the pressure sensitive R1 button to your advantage. Plus I am now starting to work with claymores (I want to be more diversified). I blew myself up a couple of times, but we all learn. :)
-Dean-

JoshF

Supporting Actor
Last night was a blast! It's funny how this game is becoming sort of like a sport - for the first couple rounds I suck and need to warm up, and then I'm back to causing all sorts of mayhem.

I am guilty of this and I will stop doing it. You are right, it is kind of rude.
I agree. It's much more fun to group up and keep jumping anyway. Sometimes you get the round to freeze right when you and a few other guys are up in the air, resembling those Toyota commercials from the 80s.

-Josh (HTF-stencil)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SaladinNagasawa
Recent bookmarks