OFFICIAL HTF REVIEW: PEARL HARBOR (Blu-Ray)

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I agree with the PQ/SQ analysis. Thanks for the review, I am glad to have it in my collection.

Dave_P.

Supporting Actor
Don't like the movie enough to buy it, but i'm sure this must be one hell of a demo disc.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

I agree. Is it just me, or are the releases currently comming form both formats weak. I can not find anything worth adding to my collection.

Tino

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I enjoyed the film and have ordered it from Amazon. Thanks for the review.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I'll pick it up when they release the director's cut. I actually like this movie.

AlexBC

Second Unit

It's mostly you! Thank you for the great thoughtfull opinion, since you don't even own a BD player.

For one, I'm totaly exited by all the Bruckheimer films that are coming to BD, can't wait for the next. Pearl Harbor rocks in my book.

Bruckheimer movies done right, would alone make me jump into any format.

[Irony off] Thank you for the great review Ben. I had already purchase PH, but it's nice to see the presentation get your approval as well ; )

I'm looking forward for the next BV/Disney reviews, they got most of my favorite movies.

dkny75

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Danny
Ummm....did you not look at Thomas' sig? He owns both formats.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

Actually I do. Have had one for a few months now. Doesn't change that fact that while this movie may look good, IMO, and apparently the reviewers, it is certainly not a very good film IMHO.

By the way, I have edited my original post and removed some, lets say, not necessary comments. It was a bad day, and for that I appoligize.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Love the film so it was a no-brainer buy once I bought my BD player. I watched it last night and it looks fantastic, as does Kate.

No more then just someone elses opinion. I put zero stock in reviewers. I'll watch the movie and judge for myself.

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I've watched the BD twice already....it's nice. Second time I skipped ahead to the attack. That poisonous love story weighs the front end down. I sure like Jon Voight as Roosevelt. His bits are a highlight for me.

The movie really gets so many things about the attack and recovery right, it's a shame it's polluted with the love triangle excrement. If they hadn't wasted so much time on the love story, maybe they could of done the Dolittle section up a little better? ....without such an outlandish gun battle... Somebody should of supervised the ninnies that made this film...!

AlexBC

Second Unit

You're welcome, that's nice. To get some of the most updated information, we already have to go through the craziness that's AVS, it would be shameful to get that same attitude here. That's one of the things I love about HTF, it's a respectful place and I'm sure Ronald and the moderators pride that.

Ian Currie

Stunt Coordinator
To all of you who think this title actually looks good, I have a question:

- what size screen are you watching it on?

I was very bummed at how this looked personally. Way too much noise, detail only average at best.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann

While I do not like the movie, I rented it for the battle shots. 106" and it looked fine. Sound was great during these shots.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dan13