What's new

OFFICIAL HTF REVIEW: MITSUBISHI HD1000 PROJECTOR (1 Viewer)

MitsubishiGuru

Auditioning
Real Name
chris
Alright well i managed to bypass using video components for my Receiver, however my projector when plugged into my xbox 360 still says its on 480P mode???

I switched the 360 to HD mode, and the HD1000 is supposed to auto detect component signals. I try to change the video signal but in the menu its not available to edit (appears whited out and unselectable).

How do i ensure my projector is in HD mode and how do i change it to 720p/1080i???

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
Quick question - any opinions on which e-tailers are more dependable? Did a google search, and even highly rated dealers have a few horror stories from dissatisfied customers. I live in the Boston area, maybe someone can steer me towards a brick and mortar store that sells this for a competitive price?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
One of the best and most popular places to buy projectors is Projectorpeople.com. That's where I bought my HD1000. I don't know if you'll find a new HD1000 any longer. If not, it's replacement is another great projector(HC1500).

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

I'm not exactly sure as I don't have a lot of experience with the 360 yet. One thing to be aware of is that you won't be able to pass a upconverted SD DVD signal through component cables. So to test via the 360 that your projector is set correctly you will likely need to run a game that supports 720/1080. But like I said I don't have a lot of experience with the 360 as I've only had mine since Christmas.

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
So I ended up ordering the NC1500, the replacement for the HD1000. Haven't had much time to play with it yet. Just wondering if anyone else has picked one up, and what their thoughts are regarding quality vs the HD1000.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
The reviews I've read say it's virtually identical to the HD1000, except the 1500 has 100 more lumens. I love my HD1000.

Dave Kalloch

Stunt Coordinator
Okay, back for more. Just hooked up a PS3 to my baby, and the dark levels are DARK. Any tips on adjusting black levels within the player and/or projector? Haven't heard any good input on the existing hi def calibration discs on the market. To be fair, the only discs I've played so far were Alien vs Predator:
Requiem (couldn't see a damn thing) and Spiderman 3 (maybe a bit too contrasty). Some basic setting adjustments from anyone with this combo would be helpful and appreciated.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
I don't have a PS3, but I do have the HD1000. What do you have the black "Setup" set to on the HD1000? I recommend setting it to 3.75%. If you haven't yet, you need to set the contrast and brightness with a cal. disc if you have one(it doesn't need to be a HD disc). If you don't have one, use THX Optimizer on some DVD's.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
the new Video Essentials BluRay disc is great for setting black and peak white levels.

jreed187

Auditioning
Real Name
Josh
It would be much appreciated if the most optimal calibration settings could be posted about the md1000. I own one and have read lots of articles that say it needs tweaking, but none of they tell the reader what menus to change to what.

~Josh

Martino

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Martin O.

Users who are viewing this thread