What's new

Official HTF HD Review: Spy Game (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
73034.jpg">

Steve Tannehill

R.I.P - 4.28.2015
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Steve Tannehill
Thanks the review, Sam! This and Bone Collector showed up on the doorstep Wednesday. Gotta love that Amazon discount!!

- Steve

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
To balance Sam's review, I like this film very much and thought the audio and video presentation were very good. None of the problems that Sam has noted were noticable to me, thus they failed to take me out of the film. I own about 35-40 HD DVDs and I would put this one in the middle as far as PQ.

Crawdaddy

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
This one should be hitting the doorstep today or tomorrow. Thanks for the review, Sam. I usually like all Redford movies, so between this and The Bone Collector I chose this one.

Miles

Second Unit
Agreed. Very good video detail, minimal print damage, fair to good audio

ryoohki

Auditioning
Real Name
Jean S Sullivan
There's actually quite a lot of EE in some scene, the worst being when both actors are on the RoofTop in Germany and when Redford enter the CIA place with it's car (at the beginning) all the post in the B/G de double themself. Other than that (and the dirt) it's indeed great. I found the intro and the Vietnam scene most impressive!

Harminder

Second Unit
Real Name
Harminder
The thing with this movie is that I have a feeling Tony Scott wanted all of these "problems" in the print of the picture to give it a very gritty feel. Scott is known for over stylizing his movies lately (ex. Man on Fire, Domino). Heck, he even used a 16mm HAND-CRANKED movie camera to film some scenes in Man on Fire. So I'm skeptical about these "problems".

David Ruiz

Second Unit

What??? Why on earth would studios feel the need to add EE to HD-DVD? I thought all of that stupidity was only done on regular DVDs to make them look sharper on small TV screens. Why are they doing it again on HD-DVD?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks