What's new

Official HTF HD DVD Review: Smokin' Aces (Combo) - Recommended (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
ronsreviews_covers_82950.jpg">

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Nice review Sam. This is up near the top on my BB Queue. Hopefully it won't be long but it keeps saying, "short wait". :frowning:....

Anyway, looks like a great disc.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Just got done with this one. I liked it. It got mixed reviews and was a box office dud but that's probably because of the style of the film. Overall - great cast and a satisfying ending.
I like U-Control and there is some interesting behind the scenes stuff that I watched during a 2nd viewing.

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott

While not a blockbuster, I don't think I'd call it a dud. It made double it's production budget in the USA, 3x if you include Overseas. I'm surprised it made as much as it did. Plus it was tops in rental and sales for the week it came out.

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
I stand corrected. I got this movie confused with another one as far as box office results. You are correct sir - it did better than some other movies in its genre and that alone makes it not a dud.

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
I watched this film last week and was not expecting much. What a hoot. The visual style is not one I care for much, but the audio impact more than made up for it.

If I am not mistaken, this movie was ripped by the critics, and I am not sure why. I had a fun time watching it. As I live alone, I can crank up the sound, and this films is the perfect movie and soundtrack to rattle your walls. While not a great film (although top notch video and audio), it is well worth watching.

Thanks for the fine review, Sam.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks