What's new

*** Official "HOUSE OF 1,000 CORPSES" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
Just watched this last night with my wife. After the credits started rolling she turned around, looked me straight in the eyes and said: "Don't you ever make me sit through sh!t like this AGAIN!". And she meant it. I haven't seen her that upset in a while.

As for me? I don't know what to think of it. I'm so confused. "Weird-ass movie" is an understatement. I don't know whether I like it or hate it.

The only reason why I'd watch it again would be for Sid Haig (THE MAN!) or Sheri Moon (so hot!). But I don't think I want to sit through the whole thing again.

I'll give its "sequel" a try when it comes out on DVD. Hopefully I'll have an opinion on that.

ChrisBEA

Screenwriter
The sequel is a huge step up in the filmmaking talents of Mr. Zombie. It also is not a horror film, more of a gritty revenge flick. They are definitely related, but vastly different in tone. I liked House, but Rejects is a much better film.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
I bought the House Of 1,000 Corpses DVD a few weeks ago because I wanted to see The Devil's Rejects. I figured it would be better going into 'Rejects' already knowing the main characters.

Anyways, I really enoyed '1,000 Corpses' up until the last 10 minutes. I think it all fell apart once they went underground into Dr. Satan's lair. To me it took the film somewhere it didn't need to go and went from a decent horror flick into some bizarre sci-fi fiasco that felt like a trainwreck to watch.

Other than that, I though it was a rather decent first effort from Zombie, very reminiscent of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre but with a much more entertaining family of misfits (sans "Leatherface" of course).

'Rejects' was more of Natural Born Killers kind of flick. Definitely not horror, even though it chronicals the further "adventures" of the Firefly family. Different from the first film, but very well put together and much tighter, overall.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks