What's new

*** Official HOSTAGE Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Kachi Khatri

Second Unit
Real Name
Jay
I happened to catch the trailer of this at:

Hostage

Seems like a cross between 'Man on Fire' and 'Panic Room'.

Hostage may or may not do it for Willis as he's been on a drought.

I hear this is based on Robert Crais novel. Any of you out there read it?

chris winters

Second Unit
I dont think Bruce needs a comeback. Hes been very consistently and sucessfully working for years now. I enjoy his smaller more risky choices as well as his blockbusters.

Stevan Lay

Second Unit
The Whole Ten Yards was one of the worst films of 2004.

Hostage could do it for Bruce but I think we'll have to await for Sin City for that to happen.

chris winters

Second Unit
one bomb, but he also had

2004- cameo in oceans 12.
2003- tears of the sun
2002- Harts war.
2001- bandits
2000- unbreakable

etc...

in 2005 he has sin city and hostage and lucky number slevin. He's doin fine.

If you want to talk comeback, Dennis Quaid is on a tear right now.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Bruce Willis is getting quite high on my favorites list... Unbreakable is in my top 5 favorite films ever, and Tears of the Sun was a great epic. He is more than making up for Whole 9/10 Yards. I would recommend the lesser known Mercury Rising as well.

Ryan

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Five Reasons Why I Will Always Love Bruce Willis:
1. Unbreakable
2. Die Hard
3. 12 Monkeys
4. Pulp Fiction
5. His cameo in Loaded Weapon 1:D "NO PROBLEM! NO PROBLEM!"

Plus I think that Hudson Hawk gets way too much flack and the Die Hard sequels are damn entertaining.

Nice to see some more 'Unbreakable' fans out there; one of my all-time favourite films, and the biggest reason I love Bruce Willis.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
I also don't think Bruce needs a comeback. Regardless I would refer you to my sig as the film I most look forward to seeing Mr. Willis in.;)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Agreed with both premises: Willis doesn't need a "comeback" and he has been in some stinkers.

However, it makes me a bit concerned that the first I even heard of this film was seeing the novel at a bookstore, with Willis' mug on the cover. I troll at least 4 movie sites a day online, and this is the first I've heard of it. Doesn't say much for the studio's confidence when an action movie starring Bruce Willis is getting a low profile.

Trailer looks OK - not great, but interesting.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
The trailer actually got my attention... I have been longing for a good tight action flick. And Willis hasn't gone anywhere in my book.

Unbreakable is an all-time favorite as well.

--
H

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator
I'm just ready to see John McClane kick ass again. I definately think Bruce has one more Die Hard left in him. And Bruce Willis needs no comeback... he never left.

Count another fan of Unbreakable as well.

Brandon_T

Screenwriter
I have enjoyed most of Bruce Willis' movies. Not a huge fan of unbreakable, but loved The Sixth Sense, Die Hard, The Whole Nine Yards, and others.

This looks interesting, but I too would love to see just one more Die Hard.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Bruce Willis is one of my favorite actors too. However, I really haven't liked his films since 2000 when he did Whole Nine Yards, Unbreakable, and The Kid. That was a fabulous year for Bruce.

You certainly can't judge his performance by the box office I know but it has been awhile since he had a major hit.

I saw the trailer for Hostage before Aviator. Looks good to me and looks like something he will be good in too. Looking forward to it. :emoji_thumbsup:

Josh Simpson

Supporting Actor
Put me down as one who doesn't feel like Bruce needs a comeback. Sure, he's been in some stinkers, but most have. He's trying some different things, and since he's established, he can. Deniro on the other hand could use a hit, but we've talked about that in another thread.

Rob Bartlett

Stunt Coordinator
Chris, whether Bruce Willis needs a comeback or not (though I will say this-a cameo does not a career make, and Hart's War and Bandits were pretty big flops) there's no way Willis is doing better then Dennis Quaid on any level.

Dennis Quaid has been doing allright except for The Alam. The Day After Tomorrow was a big commercial hit, The Rookie did respectable and Far From Heaven was considered his all time best performance.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Hostage" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Hostage" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I saw a screening of Hostage last night and thought it was very good. As I said in my review, Bruce Willis is back in his John McClane mode and delivers one of his better performances.

The film is a solid action suspense film that is actually better than the trailers led me to believe. The 25 people with me in the focus group all said it was either excellent or very good. I'll discuss it further when it opens March 11.

2 hours of solid entertainment.:star: :star: :star: 1/2

Bobby*K

Grip

Are we really comparing Dennis Quaid to Bruce Willis right now? I don't think Dennis Quaid should be allowed in the same sentence as Bruce Willis. Regardless of who's coming back where and if they need to, it is just wrong to make that comparison (in my opinion).

Everyone's had their flops, but no one holds an action thriller like Bruce.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks