What's new

*** Official HITCH Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Overall, pretty entertaining in the early going, with Kevin James (Alan) hamming it up quite nicely, and Will Smith (Hitch) having to rein him in and show him the ways of romancing the opposite sex. I didn't think Eva Mendes (Sarah) was a good foil for Will Smith, though. Amber Valletta was mainly the object of Alan's romantic heart, and provided an average performance (though as a supporting character, it was okay). And as with most romantic comedies, it's a roller coaster ride, but both sides learn a little about themselves in the process.

I give it 3 stars, or a grade of B.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Hitch". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

CraigL

Screenwriter
Saw this today and thoroughly enjoyed it! Definitely held my attention and was surprised because the running time (119 min) is pretty long for a romantic comedy. Funny, feel-good and will smith is so friggin' hot ;)

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
The wife dragged me to this today and I was surprised that I enjoyed the movie more than I thought I would. Also, I thought that Kevin James makes a more natural move from the small screen to the big screen than Ray Romano did in Welcome to Mooseport. Ray just seemed like an extension of his TV character, while Kevin didn't make me think of The King of Queens at all in Hitch.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
Jordan.... You nailed it on the head re:kevin....

I really liked this movie..... There were some really funny parts....... Held my attention, had me laughing.... Good movie!!!

R~

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I got more than expected when watching this. The characters were great as was the chemistry between Smith and Mendes. The accountant character was totally hilarious also.

Highly recommended.

Bob_S

Stunt Coordinator
I'd agree with you guys, although I felt like it was kind of a cookie cutter comedy-romance, but with a little twist. Otherwise, Will Smith was pretty good, and Kevin James was especially entertaining.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Just watched this last night. Pretty good. At times, very charming and funny. Thought the final 30-40 minutes, it kind of loses it's edge and all but still enjoyable.

Kind of wanted more of Albert and Allegra. I thought they were more interesting than the romance of Hitch and Sara.

Good time though.

7/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks