*** Official HIDE AND SEEK Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by BrianB, Jan 31, 2005.

1. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Unfortunately, yes, I went to go see it. Utterly average, no scares, predictable "twist" with a bunch of attempted red-herrings that go absolutely nowhere.

2. Rhoq

Rhoq Supporting Actor

The movie is good for the first 80 or so minutes. Once the Charlie "secret" is revealed the film fall apart very quickly and your left sitting there for a good 20 minutes pissed off because you just spent $9.00 on a ticket just to be very disappointed. This continues until the end credits roll.

On a brighter note, Dakota Fanning is a magnificent young actress and her performance in "Hide & Seek" is really the only reason to sit through the film. Her character is so disconnected that she is truly "creepy"...

3. Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi Producer

I saw it and enjoyed it. A solid and serious thriller with good performances from both Robert DeNiro and young Dakota Fanning, as well as a climax that totally worked with me.

4. Mark Murphy

Mark Murphy Supporting Actor

I was extremely disapointed. I had the same feeling about this movie leaving the theater as I did about The Village.

5. Daniel DeLawter

Daniel DeLawter Stunt Coordinator

Easily one of the worst mistakes I've ever seen on celluloid. Went to the theater with my girlfriend and saw it with a rather obnoxious Saturday night crowd, most of whom took great pains to laugh and hoot through the whole thing. Reminded me why I spend money on my HT.

But as for the movie: De Niro, De Niro, what can you be thinking?
    I loved Dakota Fanning in this as well as Man on Fire, she really could carry a well-written horror movie - she's that scary!

Hide and Seek is not that movie.
    [​IMG]

You would be angry at me if I didn't beg you not to waste your money.

(Just saw The Village after staying a plot-virgin for half a year - I feel it was underappreciated)

6. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

Saw this over the weekend. Very disappointed. Not as disappointed with it as with "The Village" though; I won't even bother seeing this one on DVD again, same with the aforementioned M. Night Shyamalan movie.[​IMG]

7. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Hide and Seek". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy