What's new

*** Official HIDE AND SEEK Review Thread (1 Viewer)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Unfortunately, yes, I went to go see it. Utterly average, no scares, predictable "twist" with a bunch of attempted red-herrings that go absolutely nowhere.

Rhoq

Supporting Actor
The movie is good for the first 80 or so minutes. Once the Charlie "secret" is revealed the film fall apart very quickly and your left sitting there for a good 20 minutes pissed off because you just spent $9.00 on a ticket just to be very disappointed. This continues until the end credits roll.

On a brighter note, Dakota Fanning is a magnificent young actress and her performance in "Hide & Seek" is really the only reason to sit through the film. Her character is so disconnected that she is truly "creepy"...

Joe Karlosi

Senior HTF Member
I saw it and enjoyed it. A solid and serious thriller with good performances from both Robert DeNiro and young Dakota Fanning, as well as a climax that totally worked with me.

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I was extremely disapointed. I had the same feeling about this movie leaving the theater as I did about The Village.

Daniel DeLawter

Stunt Coordinator
Easily one of the worst mistakes I've ever seen on celluloid. Went to the theater with my girlfriend and saw it with a rather obnoxious Saturday night crowd, most of whom took great pains to laugh and hoot through the whole thing. Reminded me why I spend money on my HT.

But as for the movie: De Niro, De Niro, what can you be thinking?
I loved Dakota Fanning in this as well as Man on Fire, she really could carry a well-written horror movie - she's that scary!

Hide and Seek is not that movie.
:thumbsdown:

You would be angry at me if I didn't beg you not to waste your money.

(Just saw The Village after staying a plot-virgin for half a year - I feel it was underappreciated)

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
Saw this over the weekend. Very disappointed. Not as disappointed with it as with "The Village" though; I won't even bother seeing this one on DVD again, same with the aforementioned M. Night Shyamalan movie.:thumbsdown:

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Hide and Seek". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks