What's new

*** Official HAROLD AND KUMAR GO TO WHITE CASTLE Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Ben_@

Stunt Coordinator
I got a chance to see Harold and Kumar at a sneak preview yesterday at 7pm.
This movie is far better than I anticipated, and definitely has moments where it rises above most other comedies this summer.
Harold and Kumar are actually two pretty likeable guys. Its easy to side with one or the other in most siutations, and its a believable friendship. Good idea to have two (relatively) unknown lead actors.

The only real complaint that I had about this movie is that it is incredibly predictable (beyond the fact that they essentially give away the plot and ending of the film in the title!). There is some real good comedy in here, though i'm pretty sure it will not appear to the "over 35" demographic.

Sorry for such an abrupt review, but i'm kind of burnt out at the moment. I also want to let other people chime in with their own ideas without feeling like they are rehashing what I said.

Adam W

Stunt Coordinator
Wow me and one other person saw the movie! I thought the movie was hilarious. Almost every joke in the movie hits perfectly. I really haven't seen a comedy come clost to this many laughs in recent years besides Bad Santa.

Saying it is from the same people who brought you Dude, Where's My Car, was a very bad idea and probaly hurt this weekends box office. The movie only stutters about 3/4 through for about 5 minutes but then the ride starts up again. I am glad I didn't dismiss the movie for another super retarded stoner comedy.
*** 1/2 out of ****

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Saw this last nght with a friend, my cousin and his two friends...

I saw Anchorman with them a few weeks back as well... we all agreed that this movie was funnier. there were just so many laugh out loud moments. Though anchorman was also great, H&K just had more laughs (albiet many physical gags, dick and fart jokes, and cheap jokes).

Though i remind you I am 18, my friend 19, my cousin 16 :D

memorable scene (youll know what i mean when you see it):
"Dude, im so high right now"
*BLAM!!!*
MARIJUANA KILLS

Highly recommended if you enjoy this kind of comedy.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Well, I'm 30, and I found it pretty funny. A couple of stupid parts, but two very solid leads, some very funny scenes, and it was worth the matinee price. I expect it will do excellently on DVD. Add in that I'm not usually a fan of "stupid" comedies, but this one was smart enough to enjoy.

Take care,
Chuck

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If anyone here ever lived in Jersey, then you'll probably find this movie to be funnier than everyone else. My friends and I laughed our asses off in the theater during this one. The guy who wrote it actually only lives about 20 minutes from where I live (I think) and watching Harold and Kumar go through all the different sections of the state was great.

"Oh no, we're in Newark...we're gonna get shot!"

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I saw it last week(I'm 27), and would echo the other comments here. There was some gross-out humor, but they didn't stop short on it....especially the drive-thru tellers joke :)

I think the middle was a little weak, but the end was pretty good...definitely not a typical phone-it-in comedy ending.

:star: :star: :star: :star: / :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Comedies aspire to make the viewers laugh, and on that criteria, this film did not let me down. Some of the scenes were very LOL funny, while others were amusing, though there are a few detours that seemed to be channeling the Coen brothers in strangeness, but thankfully those scenes are few and far between. I also felt the middle dragged just a bit, but overall, a fun time.

I give it 2.75 stars, or a grade of B-.

ChrisMatson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris
I saw this with some friends tonight and thought it was hilarious. I don't think I'll revisit it on DVD, but it is worth watching, especially with a group.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks