What's new

***Official Halo 2 Discussion Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
I agree. I'm sure that a patch will fix this for people with no overscan control. I'll test it out later today and let you guys know if changing the overscan fixes the issue. From what I've read it will do just that.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

I would suspect it would be a download, but they may end up doing what Back To The Future did with the dvd set. who knows. But your right, I'll get it anyway, Ive been waiting far too long as it is.

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

It depends on where you shop. I picked up an insurance copy at Best Buy this morning (in the event that something should go awry with my online order shipment). There were two CSRs presiding over a table with everything HALO-related near the store entrance; those who wanted a LE copy were handed a green flyer, which you then took to one of the registers for payment (the LE copies were on the counters). No shortage of LE copies at my location (at least 100+ on hand), but there may be an imposed limit of one per customer.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
My Sister picked up two LE copies this morning at Best Buy. She also received two hats and one of them is coming my way! :D
(A hat and LE copy that is...)

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
A hat? I hope its a Halo hat and not a Best Buy hat. Anyway you can post a pic of it assuming its a Halo or Bungie hat?

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
It's a Halo 2 hat...

EDIT: I was told that the first 100 people to arrive get a Halo 2 hat and a T-shirt. My Nephews are getting one hat and a both T-shirts. I just wanted one hat for myself. I haven't seen them yet and I don't own a digital camera. Surely somebody else out here got the same deal?

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor

If there's anything I learnt on the PC platform, it's that Microsoft and patch are synonyms. ;)

A disc exchange program (similar to the one conducted for the BTTF trilogy) would be a costly penalty for Microsoft to incur, seeing as pre-orders alone are 1.5 million +.

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
So, without a disc exchange program, will those of us without xbox live be able to get a patch? I've never used live so excuse my ignorance.

Micheal

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mike
They will also probably release the patch on a separate disc that you can ask for or get with a gaming magazine.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
as long as you could connect it to an ethernet line able to reach the internet you may not have to pay for X-box Live, it should automatically update the fix I would think.

Raymond_H

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine last night, and played a good 2 hours.

I have a RCA 36" HDTV Built IN Direct-View T.V

No issues whatsoever concerning the 480p video from the game.

Perfect so far.

Ray

actually, Microsoft doesn't allow developers to patch over xbox live - otherwise we would see a flood of unfinished games ship. i guess they could make an exception for one of their own developers, but that would set a pretty ugly precedent- so I wouldn't expect it. I'm predicting some sort of disc swap.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
The answer is "we don't know until MS/Bungie says something officially."

If we were all confident that a patch download would address this, we would just pick the game up pronto (I had planned on buying it during my lunch break).

Unfortunately, if this isn't addressable via download and we have to send in discs for replacement, that's just a hassle (ala BTTF).

Actually, I have a small 4:3 direct view HDTV so I might pick up the game and if it looks horrible on the widescreen set I'll just play it on the bedroom set...

How disappointing. I own all 3 consoles so I don't have a vested interest in the "console wars" but even I have to say, for a game of this magnitude, this is a black eye for MS/Bungie. For being in development for this long (and oft-delayed at that), no one ever bothered to beta test this in widescreen mode? :angry:

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Just got back from BB - they had a stack of at least 20 LEs on the table up front. My buddy & I just grabbed ours off the top.

Doesn't seem too "Limited" to me, not that I'm complaining. ;)

Brian_J

Second Unit
Regarding overscan, I have yet to see a television where you cannot adjust it, its just that you need to be able to gain access to the service menu and you need to be willing to do this. Home Theater Spot generally has all the related info for each manufacturer. Many televisions have overscan set way too high btw.

Brian

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D

Your right, mine can be and has been altered by Tweeter's service center using Home Video Essentials. so I dont think I have much overscan now, granted I do have some, but its normal for a RPTV and shouldnt have to be altered to accomodate a single flawed video game.

Kami

Screenwriter
MS & Bungie surely can't expect the public to be able to access their service menus. People who can are in a very small minority. The point is moot really. It doesn't happen on any other game, case closed.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
Has anyone called or contacted anyone to complain of this issue? Ive read on a forum that someone sent emails to microsoft and some gaming magazine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks