What's new

Official Hal Hartley Films Thread. (1 Viewer)

Though i seriously doubt that anyone has heard from the guy.

He is perhaps the best filmaker in the independent film industry.

I decided to start this thread because he is my favorite filmaker.

Here we are going to discuss about his films, the soundtracks, the DVD´s, everything releated to his work.

1:The Unbeliveable Truth
2:Simple Men
3:Surviving Desire
4:Flirt
5:Henry Fool
6:Amateur
7:The Book of Life
8: No Such Thing

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
He's the master of the silence. 'Trust' is one of my all time favourite films... I just love the way he uses pauses in the dialogue between characters as naturally as possible. I just love the wit & charm & 'realness' of it all.

Angsty

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Angela
I'll take the chance to join the Hal Hartley love-fest. He is one of my favourite directors.
My I accidently discovered his movies one night when I couldn't decide on what movie to see, so chose one at random. It was The Unbelievable Truth, and I absolutely loved it. So different from everything I was accustomed to - the rhythm of the language and dialoge from his actors are brilliant. Trust is still my very favourite Hal Hartley movie (see sig).
Unfortunately, I have never been able to find his movies on VHS, let alone DVD :frowning: I do have a very sad and worn out taped-from-tv VHS version of Trust that needs a DVD replacement soon ;)
Angela

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Though I never rented it, or seen any of Hartley's films, I've seen multiple copies of Henry Fool at Blockbuster.

The only Hal movies on DVD are:
1:The Unbeliveable Truth
2:Surviving Desire
3:The Book of Life

and coming soon:
4:No Such Thing (July 9th)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks