What's new

***Official GTA3 Xbox Impressions? Thread*** (1 Viewer)

Larry Talbot

Second Unit
When you're in first person view (standing still only?) can you aim? I ask because I really dislike auto-aiming and I understand GTA3 won't let you aim for yourself. Is that true?

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
You can toggle through to who you wanna aiming at, but it's still a auto aim type feature.

JamesHl

Supporting Actor
I wish I hadn't played both of these out as much as I did on the PS2, or I would definitely buy it. I just can't see myself going through and doing all the extras yet again...

A

Andrew_A_Paul

I wish i could go get it, but im getting it for xmas, which is a good thing, because i dont think gta and finals would mix well together.

A

Andrew_A_Paul

I've hear people are having probs on here and other threads with the GTA III or VC, or both, locking up. Are a lot of people having this problem? Is it because of flawed copies of the game, on certain drives (the early xbox drives), or just the fact that they dropped the ball on the game and all copies will lock up?

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Hasen't locked up on me not one time.

Has anyone noticed how cool the sports car looks now? The viper (as I call it), the one you have to break through the glass to get. Oh my goodness, so much detail, you can see the rims on the car now, it's just so freakin sweet. You can actually see the rotors behind the rim!!!

God bless the Xbox!!!

Dave W

Stunt Coordinator
No problems with lockups here - played both GTA3 and Vice City about 8hrs each so far... Loving It :D

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Argh, I'm fighting off not buying this. I've already got both (and beaten both I might add) for the PS2 and the resale value of the PS2 games isn't so great, but I'm really tempted to trade up to the XBox version for the improved graphics and custom soundtracks. Hmm, what to do what to do :)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Hmmm good question Dave. If I were in your shoes, it would all depend on the size of my display. If you have a RPTV or a FP, then I'd go ahead and do the upgrade. Or rent it to see how much of an improvement it is.

I'm not one to say don't buy a xbox title because it's on PS2, but if you already bought both on PS2 then there's other games on xbox to spend 50 bucks on.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
I've got a 27" direct view so it's nothing amazing, but I do have a DD 5.1 setup. I listed both PS2 versions on half.com and assuming they both sell I could get around $30 for the both of them. In that case, I'd be willing to shell out $20 for the XBox version. In addition, I've been toying with the idea of selling my PS2(though I probably won't).
At the very least, it would give me an excuse to start GTA3 over again :)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
NOW, if we're talking audio and not video, then I'd have to agree with Matt, the audio is excellent, hearing the people fight behind you, gun shots, or the cops chasing you is very excellent!!!

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Well I was able to sell GTA3 and Vice City on the PS2 for around 28 bucks and in addition I was able to sell a DVD for 12 bucks(that i actually bought new for like 5 :) ) so looks like I'll head out to EB tonight to go get the double pack. It'll be fun replaying GTA3. I spent many an afternoon/evening my junior year in college playing GTA3 and Final Fantasy X. It'll be cool to play it again with better graphics, sound, and custom soundtracks :) Now to get some more memorex CD-RWs(the only CD-R/W media my xbox seems to read ok).

Mike LS

Supporting Actor
Back to the lockup problem.....that happened to me last night in GTA3. Just drivinga long, mowing people down, and it locked up.

I also had a problem while driving around in the tank. The view would change by itself. it would go from my setting, to first person, to side view, then back to my setting. Really annoying.

Anyone else noticing these things?

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Got it last night and the graphics have some nice subtle improvements(particularly reflections, fire etc). Vice City looks exponentially better than the PS2 version while GTA3 looks better but not quite as big of an improvement. Custom soundtracks work as advertised and I've had no lockup problems (my XBox was made in Feb 2002 and I think it has the thomson drive)

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Like I said before, you'll notice it the most with a hdtv preferably one with some size, the difference is huge. Now Tekken 4 on PS2 looked really good on my tv because it was 480p. Interlaced games just look like crap on big hdtv's at least they do on mine, I don't know about every body else.

A

Andrew_A_Paul

WOW! are you kidding me. This is out of control. Looks better (nice rims), just a more sound game. Props to the designers and everyone that cleaned this game up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks