What's new

*** Official GIGLI Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Steve_Tk

Senior HTF Member
I think Matt's movies are much better. Oceans 11 and Bourne Identity were much better than Gigli and Daredevil. But Matt is in huge blockbusters, he is going to be in Oceans 12 which starts shooting beginning of the year.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
It's strange how people flock to see only Jlo flicks or only Ben flicks, but throw them together and people are like no way.
People like Ice Cream. People also like Ketchup. But no one likes the two of them together.

I should mention that as I write this, the picture is the 2nd worst of all time via IMDb's bottom 100 films list. The 1st is "From Justin to Kelly."

My goodness, what a bad year it's been.

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
There should be an official countdown to the end of Ben & JLo's relationship because of this theatrical bomb that also threatens Kevin Smith's Jersey Girl.

I'm betting they won't even be together by 2004.

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Well J-lo seems to get tired of her Men and outgrow them really quick.
I was watching something about that the other night.
She didnt even wait until she was seperated from her last husband before dating Ben.
Bottom line is, people are tired of hearing about them and seeing them too.

I think Matt's movies are much better. Oceans 11 and Bourne Identity were much better than Gigli and Daredevil.
You cant forget Talented Mr. Ripley which is a really good movie and a very good performance from Matt.
He certainly has more range than Ben.

AllanN

Supporting Actor
Its official Gigli is the worst movie EVER according to the users at IMDB.

1 Gigli (2003) 1.4 (1755 votes)
2 From Justin to Kelly (2003) 1.5 (2310 votes)
3 Manos, the Hands of Fate (1966) 1.6 (4598 votes)

chung_sotheby

Supporting Actor
1 Gigli (2003) 1.4 (1755 votes)
Wow, I didn't know that many people actually went to see the movie ;)

But anyways, I wonder if Brown Bunny will beat out Gigli as the worst film on the IMDB boards, if/when it gets a US theatrical release.

OTOH, I thought that both Daredevil and Enough were worse than Gigli.

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
To be honest, I doubt that those films are worse than Manos: The Hand Of Fate. I'm sure there is something of entertainment value in those two films...

Jason

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
Wow....I was checking movie times for this coming weekend and I happened to notice something interesting. Between the two theaters that I frequent most often (34 combined screens), there are exactly 4 showings of Gigli today. Not 4 SCREENS, but 4 individual showings. That has to be some kind of record in terms of drop off. Each theater had a couple of screens for the movie last weekend. This isn't a good sign in terms of improving from last weekends 3.8m.

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
There's a morning radio show that has a guy from one of the local AMC theaters come in on Fridays and talk movies who said that they were pulling Gigli and bringing back Charlie's Angles 2 in it's place.

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
According to Box Office Mojo's theater count at http://www.boxofficemojo.com/counts/ "Gigli" will have the same number of screens as last week. Maybe just fewer showings?

Ben Affleck will be on "The TOnight Show" next week, we'll see what he has to say about this. :)

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
In a nearby theater, Gigli is now sharing a screen with another older film (so it gets shown only 2 times a day instead of the usual 4 times/day on one screen).

FredK

Second Unit
Local theater also has 2 showings of Gigli per day, and both are shoehorned in before 200pm.

stephen la

Stunt Coordinator
i saw it last weekend.. I liked it. I laughed at all the funny moments..
I give it a C+
its not great but jennifer looked good

Ric Bagoly

Senior HTF Member
the public's rejection is a reflection of social dynamics people don't take into consideration or are afraid to address.
Here's the only social dynamic I see: REGULAR people are sick to death of "J-Lo" and her big Fat Ass. I mean, 7 or 8 years as a major star and not ONE good movie performance?? I can only hope Mariah, Whitney, and Madonna are good enough to let her hang out with them...:D :D

FredK

Second Unit

Found this on a site that is 110% tasteless (I got there through a post on the whitesox.com boards, if you're into hunting), but I this one was too funny to not post.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
"Gigli is so horrible I had to go cleanse my palate afterward by watching 'Glitter.'" — Danny Minton, KBTV-NBC
A group of us did just that on a 'bad movie night'. Honestly I thought it was just hype that the movie was 'that' bad. Our jaws were on the floor. This is by far the worst movie I have ever seen. It was trying wayyy too hard to be like Tarantino in the writing department, the acting was bad by everyone, including vets like Pacino and Walken. Hell the only good performance was the 'special kid' and that wasn't even consistent. We ended up watching the entire movie with subtitles just so we could see what he was saying. Now that was funny.

I just can't believe that this movie got made. Surely someone knew that what they were doing was just bad.

We watched Glitter afterwards and it didn't live up to the hype. It wasn't a great movie, but not as bad as people made it out to be. Gigli though, to quote it, made me want to stick my thumbs or my friends thumbs into my eyes and scrape the optic recptor on the brain to remove all memories of seeing it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks