*** Official "GHOST SHIP" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Robert Crawford, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Ghost Ship". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
    All HTF member film reviews of "Ghost Ship" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.
    Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
    Crawdaddy

2. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

Eh. Not awful, but after The House on Haunted Hill and 13 Ghosts the Dark Castle folks should be learning a few lessons by now.
    I just couldn't get over how BORING the middle hour of this movie was.
    A soon-to-be-legendary and mega-cool opening sequence sets the movie up well, then a WHOLE LOT of yap-yap, wander-wander, yap-yap goes on. There's a rather grim (and therefore entertaining) 'backstory montage' that had me enjoying myself...and then a silly finale.
    Solid set design and the boat is creepily lit...but that's not enough.
    I'll stick with that old ghost ship movie with George Kennedy. [​IMG]

3. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

I had low expectations going in to this movie but it was actuallly pretty decent.

The opening sequence probably was the best part of the movie, as well as the last thirty seconds. It did drag a little in the middle and the ending was decent. Another weird part was how they switched from soft-sad-classical music to hard rock-techno music.

I liked the set design too, and although the boat was creepy, the movie wasn't really too scary. Either way, it was definitely better than "Tne Truth About Charlie"!

4. Ruth_F

Ruth_F Stunt Coordinator

5. Dave_P.

Dave_P. Supporting Actor

6. PaulP

PaulP Producer

Can anyone tell me what songs were playing during the scene when Katie takes Epps on that little tour (very cool sequence), and the one that kicks in at the very end? There doesn't appear to be a soundtrack CD. Thanks.

7. Daniel Kikin

Daniel Kikin Screenwriter

They show parts of the opening sequence again when Katie shows Epps what happened so you I guess can say you caught a replay of it later on in the movie. [​IMG]

8. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I'm glad my theater has a decent sound system, that flashback sequence was an awesome experience. I also loved the beginning, especially the

pink lettering during opening credits.

9. Jason Little

Jason Little Agent

I almost fell asleep during this movie. One of the most tedious and boring films I've seen in a long time, not to mention horribly cliched ("I've seen things you can't even imagine"... "It's not your fault, you can't blame yourself") and nonsensical.

I got the feeling that the writer thought up the steel cable scene and built the rest of the movie around that.

10. Herm C

Herm C Stunt Coordinator

Jason, I experienced the same feeling as you. BORING, nothing new here folks. Avoid.

11. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

12. Ryan Wishton

Ryan Wishton Screenwriter

Talk about bringing a thread back from the dead... :wink:

Anyways, this movie was pretty bad... I cant believe this movie made 50 million in DVD/VHS rentals... Yikes!!!

I feel sorry for all the people that wasted their money...

Anyways, the opening was a nice way to start off the film... The rest of the film was horribly boring... I really wanted to press the fast foward several times... I actually had to watch it a second time with someone who never saw it. Everytime the person got up I would fast foward through whole scenes hoping she didnt notice... She never did and still says it still seemed very long for a movie that had a running time of 62 or so minutes... lol...

Movie is really over 90 minutes... I fortunately got away with a lot of the fast forwarding I did...

13. Eve T

Eve T Supporting Actor

Heehee. No doubt (about the bringing a dead thread back from the dead)

Still, that sequence with Katie showing about what happened all those years ago was pretty kewl and the music they used for the particular sequence was awesome.

I finally found it last night after searching many places to even find out what the name of it was.

The opening scene, that scene, and the final scene when she's in the ambulance were the only scenes worth watching IMHO.

It made THAT much money in DVD rentals?

Yikes....