*** Official GARDEN STATE Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Shawn Shultzaberger, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Shawn Shultzaberger

Shawn Shultzaberger Supporting Actor

I just saw the Trailer and Teaser for this. Film looks good. And it doesn't hurt that I really like the main actor and actress.

2. Mike Brogan

Mike Brogan Second Unit

Hope this opens wide eventually, looks really good. What's the song playing in the trailer? Is it Frou Frou? I might have to get the soundtrack to this one too.

3. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    I saw the teaser a few months ago. The teaser was excitement, with great music over the montage. I hope the movie lives up to its preview!

4. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

5. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I a really looking forward to this and it is almost fresh on rottentomatoes.com

It doesnt open in my area until 8/13. Looks like they are rolling it out slow to get good word of mouth.

Bummer.

6. hanson mat

hanson mat Stunt Coordinator

It is getting good buzz on other boards that I've visited. I'll probably check it out.

7. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

Rotten Tomatoes has it @ 96% fresh in general, and 93% from press critics. Wow! BTW, the "Garden State" blog is really cool. I suggest you check it out if you're a fan of Zach, "Scrubs", "Garden State", or any combination of the three. I'm really excited to see this on Friday. If you're not in NYC or LA (or even if you are), check out the PDF of theaters with opening dates at the top right of the blog's homepage. I'm hoping it'll be a sleeper hit, since a lot of praise is being sung about it by critics. For a first-time director, that's real good. Also, can we get the mods to change this to an Official Discussion thread?

8. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    I was reading some of the Blog. Zach doesnt sound too far removed from his character on Scrubs.
    Hopefully Zach and the film will get some award nominations this year since Scrubs is continually ignored.
    It's funny, I remember him in Broken Hearts Club a few years back and with blonde hair too.

9. Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell Cinematographer

I just pulled out the DVD and watched that a few nights ago. Zach did a pretty good job but he looks so much better with darker hair.

10. Mike Brogan

Mike Brogan Second Unit

I'll have to wait for at least another week, but at least it's going to play. I think the soundtrack comes out next Tuesday, might have to pick that one up.

11. hanson mat

hanson mat Stunt Coordinator

Every review I have seen is good, so this may actually be worth checking out. Plus, I am a fan of anything Natalie Portman is in.

12. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

My review is here

I saw it a couple weeks back and can't wait till it opens here to see it again.

And yeah the soundtrack is amazing. Pick it up.

13. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

14. Benson R

Benson R Supporting Actor

Supposedly the movie is going beyond NY and LA to selected theaters this friday, so I checked the listings for Friday, and I only see one theater in NJ and its no where near me.

I guess one theater is better then none, but it seems weird that they couldnt book "Garden State" in more then one theater in the Garden State.

15. DonRoeber

DonRoeber Screenwriter

The reviews look great, and I'm excited to see this film, but I've no idea when it's going to be at a theater near me. The PDF above was useful, but didn't list my town or theater. Why is Fox spending the money to show the TV commericals for it in my area then? Boggles the mind.

16. Mikel_Cooperman

Mikel_Cooperman Producer

Mikey
    A coworker of mine say it Tuesday and loved it. He said the standout was Natalie Portman.

17. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

Thanks Scott. I liked yours as well. Now I just need to wait till Wednesday so I can see it again!.

18. MichaelPe

MichaelPe Screenwriter

19. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Garden State" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Garden State" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

20. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

The editing of the final scene confused me, but the gist of it is what it okay, confusion and all.