*** Official FREAKY FRIDAY Review Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by ThomasC, Aug 6, 2003.

1. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

Freaky Friday is the best film I've seen all year. The acting from Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsay Lohan was absolutely fabulous, and all of the supporting cast was great as well. Curtis and Lohan really go all out in this film, and I'll be surprised if Lohan doesn't have a stellar acting career ahead of her, with FF and The Parent Trap on her résumé. The only problem I had with this film was that when Curtis's and Lohan's characters talked to each other with their minds switched up, it got a little confusing at times. However, I think the problem will be solved after one or two additional viewings. This film is a lot of fun with a lot of laughs, don't miss it!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] out of [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

Jamie Lee was terrific. Easily her best-ever performance and one of the best comic ones in a long time. Not a single fart joke or double entendre.

3. steve jaros

steve jaros Second Unit

Steve
    Just saw this film today - it's as good as the glowing reviews say it is. JLC is absolutely hilarious as a 'teenager', and the teenage girl does more than a fine job as an mom.

This is a funny but warmhearted film. I saw it w/my 13 year old niece and we both enjoyed it immensely.

8 stars out of 10.

Damn - finding nemo, pirates, spy kids, and now 'freaky'. disney is having a banner summer...

4. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Freaky Friday". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

5. Kristian

Kristian Supporting Actor

I also had a great time watching Freaky Friday. Lindsay Lohan being great here shouldn't be a surprise to anyone who saw the remake of The Parent Trap. But this must be the first performance by Jamie Lee Curtis I've enjoyed since... oh, I don't even remember. The movie was not only a lot of fun, but it also moved me, especially at the end.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] 1/2 out of [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Between last year's The Rookie, Tuck Everlasting and The Santa Clause 2 and this year's Pirates of the Caribbean and Freaky Friday, Disney's live-action division is definitely on the upswing.

6. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

This was a fun, cute movie. The performances after the switcheroo happens is pretty convincing given the setup for the mother-daughter personalities in the beginning, and they seemed to have a lot of fun with it. The plot is very basic, but it's the performances that elevate this tried-and-true story into a worthwhile viewing.

I give it 3 stars, of a grade of B.

7. Matthew_Millheiser

Matthew_Millheiser Supporting Actor

Saw it tonite. What a sweet, funny little film! No big surprises, but enjoyable and boistered by some fine performances by Curtis, Lohan, and, of all people, Mark Harmon!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] out of [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG], the best all-around Family Fare since Finding Nemo (which I've seen 3X and am still ready for another go.)

Disney is having a great summer in terms of BO -- their Home Video division is going to do gangbusters as well in 4Q.