What's new

***Official "FINAL DESTINATION 2" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Joshua_Y

Screenwriter
Well, I just watched the first one. Whoa! Has far as Im concerned, they can make as many of these movies as they want, they are so much fun to watch.

D

DAN NEIR

Having just finished watching the dvd, I have a few questions,
Were the film makers unable to get the actor who played Alex in the 1st one back? Is that why he's dead at the start of this one. I felt that was a little weak since he was so good and cheating death in the 1st one. I was also upset to see Clear go too.
I know what everybody's connection to the first group was, but, what about the mother and her son and the lottery winner? Did they have a connection to the people from the first that we didn't know about or were they just unlucky people who got caught up in death's design?
The deleted scenes didn't connect them, so maybe when I hear the commentary they'll clear this up. Overall the film was fun and the dvd was very good. Excellent 6.1 sound.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Were the film makers unable to get the actor who played Alex in the 1st one back?
According to many people, Devon Sawa is a complete arrogant asshole. This said arrogant asshole was more into shooting Extreme Ops than Final Destination 2. Thus, he had to be written out. Final Destination 2 almost made $50 million in the box office while Extreme Ops barely made $50 total. :D

And it was a good call, cause he's a pretty shitty actor too. :)

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
Just saw this on DVD and was pleasantly surprised it's as good as the original. The fact that most of the survivors of the highway accident had some sort of connection with the survivors of Flight 180 was well done. I hope more sequels are on the way. :emoji_thumbsup:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

Kind of like today's accident at Disneyland's Thunder Mountain Railroad?

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
Really? Wow I can't wait to see that. I had kind of dismissed these films until I actually saw them and then "Wow" I was blown away, the second one especially. It's not too often that a squeal equals or exceeds the original.

Jesse Blough

Second Unit
"The one thing I didn't like about it that I think they could have done better was the written in death of the guy from the first one. I mean come on, a brick fell on him?"

I think that was meant as a joke. Of all the times he avoided a bizarre and crazy death, a simple brick does him in. :D

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
I don't think it's as simple as you make it seem. If you read the article carefully, it states that he was in seclusion for 3 months. So it seems that after 3 months he gets killed on the 1st day he sets foot out of his house. So, although he thought he had it beat, death still caught him.

I guess what bothers some people is that it happens off-screen (in-between sequels, no less). I can agree with that, if that's the case.

Besides, it's not like a brick to the head couldn't kill you. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks