What's new

*** Official FANTASTIC FOUR Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I predict major disappointments, fan wise and boxoffice wise.

But...

Ditto:D

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member

I thought the trailer looked okay the first time I saw it, but after seeing it a couple more times, I realized that there were trouble signs within it. Reed was kept out of it almost entirely, and the glimpses you got of him consisted of him using his powers in lame ways, like reaching across a long table. Oooh! And then Jessica Alba somehow managed to blow all of her lines and Dr. Doom just looks completely wrong, both the actor and that plastic-looking "armor" he's wearing. But the Torch and Thing look pretty good.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
the special effects for mr. fantastic were very difficult to do.. I guess they wanted to wait and until they were closer to being done, no a problem like they did with the superbowl for hulk.

JACOB

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
His last comment is particularly spiteful--especially considering that he compares FF unfavorably to two DC properties.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Whether certain characters are from DC or from Marvel is irrelevant in a discussion about a film based on a comic book. Ebert's review is even-handed.

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member

I wasn't endorsing or criticizing his review...just noting how it might be interpreted by some readers.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"Wow. Even "Elektra" got ONE star and a HALF. "

Just checking this out to decide whether to go or not, and if Ebert gave Electra a higher rating I won't be seeing this movie.

Brent

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Surely FF will be better than Elektra? :b Not really that excited about it...but I'm sure I'll go see it in the theater eventually. But after last years Spider-Man 2 and this years Batman Begins, the bar is pretty dang high. :)

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
I was always a bit iffy on FF, and I wasn't going to see it for sure until I saw the trailer before ROTS. But now I think I'll stay home.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I'll be waiting until DVD to see this, although the thought of seeing Jessica Alba in next to nothing on the big screen is mighty tempting. :D

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
JoSan:

I'm sympathetic because it's tough to see a movie you love (or know you'll love) get slagged by reviewers. I don't let reviews ruin my enjoyment of a film, but generally when I'm thinking about passing on a movie, or am ambivalent about going, and it gets poor reviews, then I'll stay home and just watch the DVD.

I also though that was a very low blow.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee

I know this has come up before on this forum - the role and need for reviewers. I don't think anyone here truly says, "Ebert hated it so I'm not going to see it ever." Usually it's "I'll wait." I don't think that's a bad thing especially with the price of going to see a movie. And I don't think those who cite or rely on reviews have no faith in their own opinion - they're just selective about how they spend their money and time and would like information to help them make a decision, as subjective as that information can be. If you're excited about the movie, that's great, go see it on opening day and come back and tell us what you thought. For those of us who wait your feedback will just be more information.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I agree completely with Jo..
heck ebert even liked van helsing and that was a peice of ******..
and FF will be much better then that peice of ****

FF is a different kind of movie.. its a much lighter tone then say batman or spidey.. or hulk and even punisher.. its a more fun comic book..

its like comparing apples and oranges.

I think some people have a dislike for tim story and probably for jessica alba.

which is a shame.

if you are interested in watching the FF movie then go ahead.. some movies the ebert or the critcs never liked.. are huge hits.. they hardly agree with the popular movies or whatever.

go and enjoy the movie.. and judge for yourself.. not the freaking critics.

JACOB

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

Where is this stuff coming from? Barbershop was widely praised by viewers and critics alike (84% RT score). Taxi was hammered and, having seen the movie, deservedly so. The guy is 1 for 2 so I hardly think critics have something against him.

And Jessica Alba? Give me a break. I doubt she's even on most critical radars. Her only notable movie work so far is Honey and Sin City. Sin City was, of course, widely praised and is anyone honestly surprised that Honey was panned?

This is truly one of the more bizarre arguments I've seen against Fantastic Four.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Jacob

Why are you defending a film you haven't seen yet?

You know, it is possible you may think it's a piece of shit too!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks