Official Fable Hype Thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by John Madia, Mar 12, 2004.

1. John Madia

John Madia Second Unit

Fable = Game of the Year.

Ok, I know I'm jumping the gun but everything I've seen so far about this game looks amazing. It's going to be a long four month wait.

Until then, you can learn about the game at:
    http://www.lhtimes.com/faqs/fable.htm

You can also visit the official website at: http://www.fablegame.com

2. Scott Bourden

Scott Bourden Second Unit

I would have agreed that it had game of the year potential a year and a half ago, but every other month there is a press release or Dev log telling us what other features they have taken out.

It started out as an original and unique game idea, and they've slowly removed everything that made it stand out from the pack.

I don't want to pass final judgement until I've tried it, obviously, but they've already removed some of the features with intrigued me the most.

3. John Madia

John Madia Second Unit

I think that a lot of what they're taking out has to do with time issues. For example, it's odd that you won't be aloud to use a shield but it might have taken another month or so just to add it. It would've been nice to have but I rather get the game earlier and just use my sword to block instead.

Obviouslly multiplayer is the biggest omission but if the single player game lives up to the hype, there's going to more than enough replay value to make up for it.

Here's a recent hand's on preview:
    http://www.1up.com/article2/0,2053,1554601,00.asp

4. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

This is one of those titles that falls under the "enough already" category for me. Like Doom III it's something we've been hearing about forever that is just not delivering. I hope it achieves what the fanfare is indicating. Might make a good Xbox Next launch title. [​IMG]

5. John Madia

John Madia Second Unit

6. John Madia

John Madia Second Unit

7. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Release date has been set for September of this year.

8. Romier S

Romier S Producer

Release date has been set for September of this year.

9. James T

James T Screenwriter

Just finished watching the trailer(took awhile to download, but it's worth it).

All that freedom they talked about seems to still be intact as it was shown in the trailer. Unlike Morrowind, if you run around naked, people will notice and react. I also like the gestures that can be done. I'm gonna have fun air humping random characters.

I can't wait for September.

10. James T

James T Screenwriter

Just finished watching the trailer(took awhile to download, but it's worth it).

All that freedom they talked about seems to still be intact as it was shown in the trailer. Unlike Morrowind, if you run around naked, people will notice and react. I also like the gestures that can be done. I'm gonna have fun air humping random characters.

I can't wait for September.