*** Official "ENOUGH" Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Robert Crawford, May 23, 2002.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Enough". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
    All HTF member film reviews of "Enough" should be posted to this thread.
    Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
    Crawdaddy

2. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I had the extreme displeasure of seeing this the other night on HBO and I can't believe that Jennifer Lopez would have anything to do with a project as cliched and pedestrian as this! I was tempted to change the channel or throw in a dvd a few times during the film, but out of sheer morbid curiosity, I wanted to see how this train wreck would end.
    I mean this is the kind of made for tv stuff they show on the Lifetime network starring either Merideth Baxter or Judith Light. The dialogue was wooden, the plot predictable in the extreme sense of the word and was throughly unbelievable all around. I didn't care about Jennifer's charactor in the least or her plight, and I was disappointed in Billy Campbell as well.
    I'm a big fan of The Rocketeer and this movie is below him, he's a natural leading man that would be best served probably in romantic comedies, he can't pull off being the heavy. But then again, with a better script he may make a good bad guy someday, just not here. The first few minuets are a blur, as we are thrown headlong through their meeting, marriage and the first four or five years of their daughter's life, and then out of nowhere, he starts to batter her!?
    How did they get through the first few years and her not notice this side to him? Because the script required him to show that side at this moment for our benifit that's how. I'm so thankful. We're also treated to needless and pretty dumb title cards that pop up every few minuets that say helpful things like The first meeting and A few years later. I'm so greatful.
    The film is just dowright mean spirited too, especially a gratuitous car chase that terrorizes the little girl in a very shameful manner. And you'll be surprised to learn that the driver of the other car is none other than E.R. resident nice guy Noah Wyle! Not convincing as a bad guy at all.
    And the conclusion? Ridiculous and wholly implausable!
    I know it's not good to start a thread bashing a film outright, but sometimes one needs to cleanse themselves of such films by talking about how bad it is with others. [​IMG]

3. Brian Lawrence

Brian Lawrence Producer

Brian

4. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Ouch! Cold! [​IMG]
    I actually tend to enjoy her singing.

5. Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben Studio Mogul

6. Inspector Hammer!

John Williamson
    Thanks Michael, I thought for sure a film this bad wouldn't even have a review or discussion thread here in the forum. :b
    Thanks for quoting my rather witty and well thought out topic header though. [​IMG]