What's new

*** Official ELF Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

D. Scott MacDonald

Supporting Actor
I took my kids to it this past weekend and they loved it. Their favorite part was when he tried to hug a racoon
. It didn't seem to affect my four year olds believe in santa, either. I'd highly recommend this as a family film.

Keith E

Stunt Coordinator
I took my 6 year old to see it on Sunday and we both enjoyed it. We both laughed very hard and are looking forward to seeing it again before Christmas. This will definitely be a yearly must see movie of the season.

John Geelan

Screenwriter
**i also felt it was a little nasty of the producers of Elf to have the Park Rangers who are of course NYPD be considered "bad" guys for some strange reason (knowing full well that children will be seeing this movie and you don't need to be frightening children that policemen on horses who patrol parks are bad people)**

other than that weird story line, Will Ferrel did an amazing job as "Elf".
his performance definitely elevated the movie from its average "fish out of water" story (one we have all seen a hundred times).

it deserves its :star: :star: :star: for Will's performance.

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
That's what they were going for I believe. Did anyone else notice: The parody of the famous bigfoot footage with that news clip of Ferrell walking through central park?

Lets not get to carried away with nit picking. This is a movie about a guy in an elf suit that walks from The North Pole to NYC for christ's sake!!

Brenton

Screenwriter
Personally I thought the park ranger concept was brilliant. They were poorly developed, in that they were just dropped into the movie out of nowhere, but I thought it was brilliant how they took something as drab and day-to-day as central park rangers and made them into horrifying fantasy villains a la The Lord of the Rings.

Shawn Shultzaberger

Supporting Actor
Dennis,

The parody of the famous bigfoot footage with that news clip of Ferrell walking through central park?

I let out a loud laugh/hoot when I saw that. But...I don't think anybody else in the theater picked up on it. That was very well done. :emoji_thumbsup:

Dennis Castro

Second Unit
I let out a loud laugh/hoot when I saw that. But...I don't think anybody else in the theater picked up on it. That was very well done.
The same here. There were actually a few sprinkles of laughter in the theater (Mine probably the loudest, I thought it was absolutely great) that I was in but I think the joke was largely lost on most at the showing that I was at.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I finally saw this today. I had to drag myself to it, as I thought the trailer was horrible. Wow, what a pleasant surprise! I think this is the best Christmas movie in 20 years - since A Christmas Story.
Does anyone think this is a good first date movie???
I think it would be a GREAT first date movie! It even has a very sweet first date scene.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks