What's new

*** Official ELEKTRA Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Spero D

Second Unit
Just got back from seeing this and it was totally mediocre. Wanted to get up and leave half way through it.

Jose Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jose Martinez
I actually enjoyed the first two thirds of the film. I just found the ending to be disappointing. It kinda felt like watching the fight scene between Riddick and Lord Marshal
but it just didn't look as cool. I did like the kiss between Typhoid Mary and Elektra though :)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Electra". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
My 2 syllable review: Ho-Hum.

If you were scratching your head while watching this movie, it was probably because you were never given much of reason to care about any of the characters in the film, and by the time it mercifully ends, you wondered how they made time slow down so much. It's not as bad as Catwoman, but it just flat-out boring, one of the worse things a movie can be.

I give it 1.75 stars, or a C-.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
terence stamp was the saving grace for this turkey.. you cared more about electra in DD then in this movie.

JACOB

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Big fan of Garner....but not a big fan of this film. Not as bad as I thought, but not very good either. There were some cool moments, but only a few. The story is weak, the characters don't get enough depth, and for me-most of the action sequences are not that effective.

:star: :star: out of :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

The 2 stars goes to Garner & that red costume. Wow. :b

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Really wanted to like this movie. I was shocked at how completely unenjoyable it was. I don't often expect all that much from a comic book movie, but action would have been nice. The story is totally un-gripping. You could take heavy naps between the action, and what there is is pretty lame. One sequence was just an effort to push the fight toward the end of the film, and then that fight wasn't at all worth the wait.

I love Jennifer Garner, but she would have had to be naked through what felt like all four hours of this movie to save it.

Worst comic book film I've seen since Hulk. I prefer this over Hulk because I'll take a rippling Garner over a rippling Hulk any day.

And I saw someone had posted that this looked like it had potential to be a way better movie than DD? This makes Daredevil look like the best movie ever.

Bryan Toth

Stunt Coordinator

I saw Elektra this weekend too .... (just try to keep me away from anything with Jennifer Garner, but I digress ...) Anyway, I didn't dislike it, but didn't really think it was all that it could have been. Sort of similar to my initial reaction to DD when it came out. At times during the film, it felt like bits might have been missing (cuts made due to studio/running time/rating pressure maybe??) I'm hoping that maybe the eventual DVD release will be a little better (sort of like the Daredevil Director's Cut ....)

Bryan

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
Reminder: This is the REVIEW thread. Non-review posts have been deleted, as per our usual procedure.

For discussion, comment, reaction, speculation, etc., please use the DISCUSSION thread (linked above).

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks