What's new

*** Official E3 Announcements & Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Doom III.....I am your servant I will spend whatever it takes to get you to run smoothly on my PC, what is your bidding my master.

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
Some new Lord of the Rings Two Towers shots (Very impressive!):
Oooh yes, they are nice, but what's the deal? At least one of those screens is from Fellowship of the Ring, you see them fighitng in Balin's tomb here in this pic.
Why is EAs Fellowship game a no show at E3? Have they possibly combined aspects of the first two parts into one game? I am very confused.
Dan

MikeAlletto

Senior HTF Member
Id software should get money from intel and nvidia for helping to sell hardware. I'm gonna have to build a whole new computer, but thats ok, I was planning on doing it for just doom 3 and quake 4 anyways :)

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Doom III looks SICK!!!! :D
Man, if they can match them graphics with the terrifying soundtrack of the first 2, then hole -e- shit!!!!
This is now a PC only game? I remember reading a number of times where it's supposedly heading to the Xbox as well.
Hope so! This would be killer on a large screen tv and a real home theater system!!!! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Man, screenshots of Mario and Zelda do the games little justice cause those videos are incredible!! I can't wait for those.
And here's a new Game from Pete Molyneux which might be of some interest to people on this forum.
Link Removed

Kami

Screenwriter
This is now a PC only game? I remember reading a number of times where it's supposedly heading to the Xbox as well.
It's PC only. No plans for an Xbox port...Doom3 is over a year away I believe, and the minimum requirements for this game will be steep...xbox won't be able to handle it I think. Well, maybe at a low resolution (is xbox natively just 640x480?), and less detailed textures...but Carmack has always programmed for computers, not consoles. So i doubt it.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
From the Gamespy Coverage concerning Doom3 on XBox

Another hot rumor we were able to clear up was the question of an Xbox port. Some magazines had reported DOOM III could possibly be Xbox first … or Xbox only. In actuality, DOOM III is currently being developed for the PC and PC only - there could well be an Xbox version at some point (John Carmack is a member of the Xbox advisory committee), but that decision hasn't been made yet, and probably won't be for some time.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Here is an excellent game compilation teaser from Microsoft:
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...age-0001-hi.zip
Thanks for posting that link. That video has very good quality short clips of a lot of games.
Some games that look great in there that haven't been talked about too much yet were:
-Unreal Championship looked real good
-Indiana Jones Indy should be a slam-dunk videogame franchise...maybe this one will be it
-Psychonauts could be fun - Tim Schaefer was involved with Grim Fandango, which rocked
-Dan B.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Am I the only one who saw something from E3 and let out a girly squeal? I let out quite a few.

There's too much for me to try to look at. I'm just choosing a select few games, then I'm gonna wait until I get my next EGM and just look at all the pictures in that. Otherwise, I won't have any free time.

JasonK

Supporting Actor
Thanks for all the reports and links, fellas.

The new Contra game looked impressive. I hope it's able to maintain the feel of the old 8-bit classics.

Zelda: A Link to the Past is my favorite Zelda game, so having it for GBA is welcome news.

And I'm starting to believe that Metroid Prime will turn out better than anticipated...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The SNES Zelda for the GBA? I missed that. Thanks for telling me.

GameSpot's impressions of Metroid Prime were really optimistic. They said it plays just well and in the same vein as the NES/SNES games, plus it looks amazing.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Announcement of the show - NiGHTS on the GBA!
Remember I said in the pre-E3 discussion I didn't necessarily want an 'update' of it? Well, this works for me :)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I found the NiGHTs info......my GBA's value just shot up 100x then what it was just a few minutes ago.

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Sega's GBA games:
Altered Beast: Guardian of the Realm
Super Monkey Ball
Virtua Tennis
Sega Smash Pack
Revenge of Shinobi
Phantasy Star Collection
Pinball of the Dead
Crazy Taxi
Link Removed

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Brians Nights announcment can be found here: (YES! YES! YES!)
Link Removed
Heres some more stuff:
New Devil May Cry 2 movie:
DMC2
Max Payne 2 announced for PC and console platforms:
Bring the Payne
Doom 2 coming to the GBA:
Link Removed
Movie of Toe Jam and Earl 3 (Finally!):
Link Removed
Information on Project Ego's combat system can be found here:
Link Removed
Shenmue 2 impressions here:
Link Removed
(I especially like this remark:
Shenmue II looks better than its Dreamcast incarnation, but not enough to make it really next-gen.
As if the DC game was not a supposed "Next-gen" title. Whatever.)
Super Monkey Ball 2 impressions here:
Link Removed
Z.O.E 2 screens and impressions here:
Link Removed
Shinobi Movies here:
Link Removed
Up until this point every company has been getting me really excited but from what I have seen so far Sega has really floored me. PDO was enough to win Game of the Show for me!
Speaking of which any early game of the show predictions? Here are my candidates:
Doom 3
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Metroid Prime
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
Ninja Gaiden
Legend of Zelda (GC)

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
Doom III - hands down the most impressive game ever.

PDOrta - runner up

SW: KotOR - honorable mention

Blinx - cool idea award

And Finally:

Thank God They Didn't Screw That One Up Award:

Metroid Prime

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I honestly hope Doom III *doesn't* get 'game of the show', though I'm sure it will.

Dan B

Screenwriter
Is Doom III playable? (I assumed it's video only) Doom III should be game of the show next E3 if at all, not this one.
Another candidate for E3 game of show next year is Project Ego, check out a Divx 5 video of it here.
Xen Gamers has some impressions & videos (not direct-feed but OK) of Midtown Madness 3 for the Xbox here.
Kelley, I think Metroid Prime looks great, but there's no question after watching the videos that it's a FPS, which may be a disappointment to many.
-Dan

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Kelley, I think Metroid Prime looks great, but there's no question after watching the videos that it's a FPS, which may be a disappointment to many.
It is quite possible that those videos present the game as more action-packed than it really is. Promotional movies tend to show a lot of stuff happening with a lot of bad guys to kill in order to make the game look more exciting.

If Retro stays true to the tone and atmosphere of the original games, I doubt it will be all about blasting bad guys away.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks