What's new

Drag Me to Hell (2009)

Dale MA

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dale
Title: Drag Me to Hell

Tagline: Christine Brown has a good job, a great boyfriend, and a bright future. But in three days, she's going to hell.

Genre: Horror, Thriller

Director: Sam Raimi

Cast: Alison Lohman, Justin Long, Lorna Raver, Dileep Rao, David Paymer, Adriana Barraza, Chelcie Ross, Reggie Lee, Molly Cheek, Bojana Novaković, Kevin Foster, Alexis Cruz, Ruth Livier, Shiloh Selassie, Flor de Maria Chahua, Christopher Young, Ricardo Molina, Fernanda Romero, Joanne Baron, Ted Raimi, Ali Dean, Octavia Spencer, Mia Rai, Bill E. Rogers, Cherie Franklin, Olga Babtchinskaia, Alex Veadov, Bonnie Aarons, Emma Raimi, Michael Peter Bolus, Peter Popp, Scott Spiegel, Bridget Hoffman, Tom Carey, Lia Johnson, Jay Gordon, Henry Raimi, Lorne Raimi, Chloe Dykstra, Nick Vlassopoulos, John Paxton, Irene Roseen, Aimee Miles, Art Kimbro, Sam Raimi

Release: 2009-03-15

Runtime: 99

Plot: After denying a woman the extension she needs to keep her home, loan officer Christine Brown sees her once-promising life take a startling turn for the worse. Christine is convinced she's been cursed by a Gypsy, but her boyfriend is skeptical. Her only hope seems to lie in a psychic who claims he can help her lift the curse and keep her soul from being dragged straight to hell.

I love the Evil Dead series, and it's great to see Raimi returning to his roots. I'm not a big fan of the Spider-Man series (first two are really overrated IMO) and hopefully the success of Drag Me To Hell leads to more horror movies from Raimi.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Not that it means much but there was 3 people in theater when I saw it. I think they picked the wrong time of year to come out and it can't help that they had an absolutely terrible ad campaign in the U.S.

Michael Elliott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Elliott
I was curious if anyone else was bothered by the similarities to THINNER? The opening situation is the same, the "cure" is the same and the twists are pretty much the same.

I went to the first showing of the day and there were only a total of seven people. Two elderly couples were in there and as I was walking out one old man screamed he thought this was going to be a comedy, which didn't make any sense to me but I didn't stop to question him.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Drag Me to Hell". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Drag Me to Hell" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks