What's new

*** Official "COWBOY BEBOP" DiscussionThread (1 Viewer)

Adam Brandner

Stunt Coordinator
I just visited sony's official site for the movie, and it looks like they've substantially changed their initial cities list. Unfortunately, it looks like Columbus is gone, and Columbus is a hell of a lot closer to Cincinnati than Chicago is. Damn.

Old List (* indicates an eliminated city)

Austin
*Boston
*Boulder/Denver
*Chapel Hill
Chicago
*Columbus
*Dallas
*Detroit/Ann Arbor
*Gainsville
*Houston
Los Angeles
*Madison
Minneapolis
New York
Portland
*Providence
San Diego
San Francisco
Seattle
St. Louis
Washington DC

New List (* indicates a new city)

Austin, TX
*Berkeley, CA
*Cambridge, MA
Chicago, IL
*Irvine, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Minneapolis, MN
New York, NY
Portland, OR 4/18
*Royal Oak, MI
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, CA
*San Jose, CA
Seattle, WA
St. Louis, MO
Washington, DC

Anyway, does anyone know if this list is just for the opening weekend or if these are the only cities that will show the movie? I'm a little worried now that I'm not going to see this until it hits DVD.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
From way back in page 1 of the thread:

Actually...no. You don't have to. The movie was made 3 years after the series ended and, even though it takes place during episodes 22 and 23, has nothing to do with anything that happens during the series.
I have not yet seen the movie yet to know fully the connection, but rest assured I've been rewatching the series up to Session 22 in preperation for the film. ;)

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
Any word on it opening a little wider? I just KNOW if there is a second release, Orlando will get it :D

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
You people that are disappointed REALLY need to see the series first. There's a whole hell of a lot of character development that you are missing...

I would suggest watching the series THAN watching the film again. I thought it was an A++ picture myself (but this was a few years after I saw the series and watched it again about 3 times ;))

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
You people that are disappointed REALLY need to see the series first. There's a whole hell of a lot of character development that you are missing...
Well, if this is a film for only those who are already fans, I’ll pass.

If, on the other hand, you are saying that those with more background will enjoy the film more, but that the film stands well on his own, I’ll keep it on my list.

What do you think, Rob?

Dennis Pagoulatos

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dennis
I've immersed myself in the world of Bebop now, having rented all 6 discs of Sessions (and watched them all in order). It's one of my favorite animes of all time at this point. Now, I'm ready to see the film! :)

-Dennis

Claire Panke

Second Unit
Adam, Sony Classics frequently adds second tier cities like Columbus and Indianapolis after initial roll out. If Cowboy Bebop comes to Indy, it'll probably be at Key Cinemas. If it makes it to Columbus, it will likely be at the Drexel theater. I suppose there's also a very (very) small chance it could land at the Kentucky Theater in Lexington.

Has the Esquire in Cincinnati given up on anime?

TheLongshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
If, on the other hand, you are saying that those with more background will enjoy the film more, but that the film stands well on his own, I’ll keep it on my list.
I think it fits in well with this. I think you can go in not knowing a whole lot about the series and enjoy the film. There is enough personality shown that you can get the general jist of the caracterizations.

Jason

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member
I would have gone to see this in the theater if I could see it somewhere besides Detroit. About 1.5 - 2 hours away, especially with all the sleet and snow we have been getting? No thanks, worth the money, but not worth the hands-gripping-the-steering-wheel, low speed drive through Michigan ice and snow. Any DVD release date yet?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Cowboy Bebop" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Cowboy Bebop" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Cary T

Screenwriter
I think the movie can stand on its own, but I'm a huge anime fan. Bebop the movie has some of the best animated hand-to-hand combat scenes in an anime.

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
The animation is really stand out I think. The film itself I found great as well. The only problem I see in the end is how many times can Spike can the living crap kicked, ripped, and shot out of him? Really though, the only other complaint I had was that it was mostly just Spike and not the whole gang involved. I'm still amazed at how the film feels like a film and not an animation. The camera work was well done here.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks