Official conspiracy theory thread

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dave Poehlman, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I've always been fascinated with conspiracy theories. Sometimes more for their sheer creativity than their possible validity.

I was listening to the Simon West's commentary on the Tomb Raider DVD (sorry, I actually like that movie). He mentioned how the "Illuminati" was chosen because they were a real conspiracy theory.

So, I decided to do an internet search and found that there was actually a "secret society" called the Illuminati formed in Bavaria in 1776 by Adam Weishaupt.

That's where the conspiracies begin:

They infiltrated the Freemasons for recruits, and their symbol, the all-seeing eye in a pyramid, can be found on the back of the $1... They control international banks.. they "arranged" the French Revolution... Thomas Jefferson and Benjamin Franklin were members. Their symbol can be seen in many places like the AOL and CBS logo for example.

Although I don't really believe these things, I find them interesting just the same.

Anyone else have any input on this or their favorite conspiracy theories?

PS: These topics may skirt political and religious subjects... please be mindful of the HTF rulebook.

2. Lew Crippen

Lew Crippen Executive Producer

I know of a number, but of course I am unable to divulge any of them. [​IMG] Now if you would be willing to join in so that we could effectively control the international banks (I’m really tired of all these unsecured loans to third world nations, for example), then I might be able to put a good word in for you. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    On a more serious note, one of the things that conspiracy theories seem to include is international banking. With so many different secret groups in control, its no wonder that the international economy is no better than its current state.

3. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Paging RobertR, Julie K, Max Leung, etc. Yellow alert.

4. BrianB

BrianB Producer

5. Joseph Young

Joseph Young Screenwriter

If we're in the neighborhood of conspiracy theories, it seems a crime to overlook the Masons.
    "You know of what I speak... a great eye, lidless, on top of the dollar pyramid!"
    I have friends who are utterly fascinated by the history of the Freemasons. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The Rosecrutian Museum is near my house, and I've heard that the Rosecrutians recruit during the lunar phases and then promptly disappear from sight.
    ~j

6. BrettB

BrettB Producer

9sfw 3232t f90g swf0gbm s;o00s ss 0jg- -e3jj 2ja9j50-sZ{.

7. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

Fnord Obey! Fnord

8. Dheiner

Dheiner Gazoo

John Dhein
    Nevermind.

If I told you about it, they'd just find out that I know.

9. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

Here are some good ones:

The metal strips in paper currency allow Them to know how much money you have in your pocket from a distance (and you will be arrested if you have 'too much' cash on you) and/or let you be tracked by satellite.

"Chem trails" They are spraying chemicals from aircraft over populated areas to... actually I don't think that even the people who believe this know why They are doing it. Their "proof" is aircraft contrails that spread out and form cirrus clouds under some conditions, they say it is chemicals. Apparently there are 100s of planes that look like airliners "spraying" built up areas on a regular basis.

10. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Yeah they all seem crazy until the CIA release the transcript.I like the one where the CIA ran the brothel in North Beach and dosed unsuspecting Johns with LSD. Talked with a guy whose father worked on the MK Ultra tests. CIA still pleads they had no connection, he just jumped out a window on the 27th floor. My father just happened to drowned while fishing on a Fiday night except he was never pronounced dead or even buried. Someone should tell Social Security there are no conspiracy theories, because they still cant tell me he's dead after 40 years

11. Steven K

Steven K Supporting Actor

Talk to James Carville... according to him, all Republicans are guilty of taking part in a big "Right Wing Conspiracy" (although I believe he pronounces it "Raaht Wang Cun-spee-a-see"). Supposedly, according to the Ragin Cajun, Newt Gingrich is flying around in a spaceship, trying to get your kids to smoke cigarettes. [​IMG]

12. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Grant's story is true, actually. The MK-ULTRA program was an investigation into—*ahem*—"effective interrogation." During these tests, U.S. citizens and government employees were dosed with LSD (among other agents) without prior consent or knowledge. Olsen's suicide after an LSD experience occurred.

This sordid little episode, however, doesn't fit in with the popular conspiracies of world domination that become party topics these days.

Meanwhile, I must find a way of disposing these genuine MJ-12 documents in my possession.

13. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

The most fun I've had with a conspiracy was reading about the Golden Apple and a red-headed green-eyed vixen involved in a certain ritual with many hooded* men in attendance.

Oh and you're not supposed to whistle when you piss. Or something like that.

Let's see...Loch Ness is so deep because there are vast underwater caverns that connect the Atlantic ocean and the Black Sea. Geothermal vents of course keep the deepest areas warm allowing the plesiosaurs and other assorted prehistoric reptilian beasts to survive under the sea (never mind that plesiosaurs breath air...hmmph).

Somehow, the Leviathan reminds me of Julie's Cthulhu. Kinda odd, since the big L is really a giant triangular whale-like thing. And I read that amusing book (the infamous Illuminati trilogy -- excellent introduction to puberty, a thinking-teen's "Porky's") decades before I joined this forum. Whatever. I'm sure it would taste good in a hotpot with shrimp and mixed vegetables.

* hooded as in robed, you sick little person!

14. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

15. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

I loved the X-files episode where the government was placing some sort of tracking device in your arm when you got the polio vaccine. (some of you may have it.. that circular scar on your left shoulder) I think they stopped giving the shots and went with the oral vaccine shortly after I got mine... so I have the scar... and the tracking device. Perhaps I need to cut my arm off like they did on TV.

16. Julie K

Julie K Screenwriter

17. CharlesD

CharlesD Screenwriter

And THey want to start smallpox vaccinations again... hmmmm....

Gotta go there is UN Black Helicopter hovering outside my window.

18. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

19. Sean P

Sean P Agent

For a good take on conspiracy theories, try Umberto Eco's "Foucault's Pendulum" Of course, he's Italian, so the Illuminati could be controlling that too...

Sean

20. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

The Illuminati is controlling a pendulum belonging to some guy with a barely pronounceable name? That's crazy!