What's new

Official Confirmation: SW Episode III DVD on November 1st (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

Excellent point Travis. Hadn't thought of that. :emoji_thumbsup: I have the Toy Story Ultimate Box Set and it has an isolated effects track. Pretty cool. :cool:

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Nice cover, but I couldn't help but notice that it's different from the other five, as a character with a lightsaber isn't the central focus. Instead, we get Anakin and Obi-Wan during the duel, which is better really. Not a big deal, just something that popped out at me.

If I had it my way, I would just use the original poster art for all the DVD's, but that's just me.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I can assure you, Brett, it isn't just you. ;)

I would love for them to use the original poster art for the dvd covers, those beautiful works of art don't get any exposure after the film leaves the theater. It's a crying shame, really.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
I don't know - something about this cover art just isn't working for me. I like the others, but this one just feels off for some reason.

Brenton

Screenwriter
To me it looks just fine, but a little bit TOO just fine.

I don't know. As much as I love the consistency of all six covers matching, at this point it's just gotten so horribly predictable that I'd almost rather they shake things up by doing something horribly different.

The problem started when they created this theme with the Episode I cover back in 2001. They were instantly obligated by us anal fanboys (myself included) to continue this mediocre design across all six movies, and now it's done. I hope we're happy.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
The only thing I'd complain about regarding the cover is Anakin doesn't look quite right. It looks like either an early wig test before he gained the weight or a late publicity shot after he'd lost it.

He's definitely bulkier and more mature-looking in the movie. And the hair just looks kind of wrong. Doesn't look tan enough either. The theatrical poster definitely captures his look in the film better.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
He seems to be missing the eye scar. It was pretty prominent in the film, so I don't know why it's absent here.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Good point about the eye scar missing. And the wig too? Boy, we're a group that doesn't miss much. :D

I like the cover ok. But in general I always prefer the theatrical poster art. Somehow when the art is changed for the dvd it makes it more like a video to me. I know that sounds weird. The other minor issue is Anakin's pose. The other faces appear to be from actual poses or shots from the film. Anakin's looks like he's posing for the dvd. I'm still buying though. ;)

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
You're right, Greg. It doesn't seem to be there.

Well, we should expect this kind of thing. Like the post-accident Mark Hamill on the Episode IV cover. And head-twisting Vader.

I'm very excited to see it on DVD. I can control the volume, and space will actually be black!!

There are a lot of dark scenes in this movie that I know will really shine at home on my trusty RCA 38" tube.

Theatrical presentations have their strengths, but over time I seem to get more and more aggravated by their weaknesses.

Kevin Lamb

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Lamb
Hmm, I just noticed that there are two Obi-Wans on the cover but I'm pretty sure the movie only had one. Also one of Padme's eyelashes looks slightly digitized. I'll probably still pick it up though.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My only gripe with the cover (and, god help me, it's one of the saddest, most nitpicky things I've ever thought) is that it has Obi-Wan and Anakin dueling on the ground (with the rock and lava) and that doesn't happen in the movie. The duel ends by the time both of them reach the ground.

I'm so ashamed to have even thought of that. :)

EDIT: Let me clarify that I also couldn't care less if it came in a brown paper bag and the disc had 'Star Wars Part 3' written in crayon on it, I was just being nitpicky.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Weren't Obi-wan and Anakin dueling on the ground, or that long platform, during that one brief shot of the wall of lava rising up behind them? That seems to be where that shot on the cover was taken from.

STARKILLER1138

Second Unit
Real Name
Lou
The two disc set, so far, sounds awesome! I don't care if it came in a brown paper bag. This set will be mine.

Tim: I have to agree about the score. By far the best of the saga IMO. :emoji_thumbsup:

Kevin Lamb

Second Unit
Real Name
Kevin Lamb
Its not like any of the posters have ever matched the films. I don't recall any scene in ANH where Luke held his lightsaber above his head while Leia languished at his feet.

I'm also pretty sure my copy of ESB doesn't feature Han "dipping" Leia for a kiss, Gone with the Wind-style.

And that's saying nothing of Luke igniting his saber in open space a la the original ROTJ one sheet.... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks