What's new

Official Confirmation: SW Episode III DVD on November 1st (1 Viewer)

Patrick.C

Second Unit
Shaak Ti killed by Grievous

This one will be interesting to see as it actually happened in an episode of the Clone Wars cartoons.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Will these be edited back in or just in a separate "deleted scenes" category. Edited back in, hopefully....

Alex cosmo

Stunt Coordinator
I hope they don't put anything back in. Sith was the first time they got the lean Star Wars-pacing right in these new movies.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Those are to be in the deleted section, not in the movie. I have a feeling nothing is going to be changed this time, though I wish the (does this really have to be spoilered)

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
Are the spoiler tags really necessary? We're talking DVD specs, here. But heck, I'll do it anyway.

The inclusion of the Yoda on Dagobah scene is great, but what about the conversation between Qui-Gon & Yoda? I've read pages and pages at TFN arguing whether or not it was actually "shot", but Neeson's comments seem to imply that it was.

Patrick H.

Second Unit
The Dagobah scene
will be fun to see, however I'm more interested in the entire subplot regarding the Rebellion.
While the movie was fine without it, it's very valuable information in the larger scope of the entire series. Also, one thing I DID really miss in the film was any detail about Yoda's connection with Qui-Gon. It's too bad there appears to be nothing further about this (i.e. no Qui-Gon ghost!).

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Regarding Qui-Gon's voice,
maybe they want Obi-Wan talking to Luke in Episode IV to be a 'surprise' chronologically. From what Yoda says in Episode III, it's kind of vague as to what exactly is happening with that and then Episodes IV and V fill in the blanks. They didn't put the jump to hyperspace in the prequels so it would be exciting when you first see it in Episode IV. Maybe that's the same reasoning why Lucas didn't even put it on the disc as a deleted scene.

I'm just guessing but it seems likely that the dialogue was recorded too since it made the comic and the novelization. Seems like if it got that far, they would've recorded the lines too.

And is there anyone reading this thread who doesn't know about these scenes? :)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It sucks that those few seconds can't be included into the movie. I was really hoping for that scene back in May.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
Jeez, what happened? That link won't load for me. Ohhhh that sucks for me soooo much...:frowning:

Edit: Nevermind. Works now! Excellent!

Brent C

Stunt Coordinator
As cool as that shot is, I like the ending how it is, focusing on the Skywalker family. Going from Padme, to Anakin/Vader, to Leia and finally Luke.

Plus it'll leave something to surprise first time viewers who watch the films in order and discover what conditions Yoda has been living in when he shows up again in ESB.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks