What's new

*** Official "CONFESSIONS OF A DANGEROUS MIND" Discussion Thread-August Re-Release (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
According to DVDEmpire, "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind" has a dvd release date of 7/15/03.

Lowell_B

Second Unit
Bizarre news. This was one of my best of 2002, and it's a shame it got overlooked like it did. Getting more people to see such a fantastic movie is always a good thing. I just hope the DVD release date doesn't get changed.

Lowell

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Does anyone know WHY this is going to be rereleased? I'm not asking about the merit of the film but more the timing. They are going to put this back into theaters 8 months after it's initial release and after the DVD release? Strange indeed. It opened Dec. 31st in a limited run...so it wouldn't even be for any type of Oscar push. Just bizarre thinking.

Bruce

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Thread fart? Not if you ask me. Just my way of saying that I didn't like this movie. This isn't the Software forum.

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
Counter-fart: One viewing was all I needed to convince myself that this was my favorite film of '02. A stunning directorial debut for Clooney and the best Kaufman script produced so far, IMO. I look forward to getting the chance to prod some of my friends into theaters to see it, though I also hope this doesn't screw the DVD release.

--Jefferson Morris

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I WILL be buying the DVD, though - if there are good supplements with the real Barris.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Has anyone tracked down some more details on this story (like Variety subscribers?). I'm curious as to what this rerelease means.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

It's really too bad they couldn't have done the same thing for "The 25th Hour" which I found to be a superior film that was also definitely lost among all of those January releases.

Crawdaddy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
The dvd release date for this title has been pushed back to September according to DVDFile which of course is due to this theatrical re-release.

Crawdaddy

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Just bought the DVD after one viewing via Netflix. This is an incredible film, and stands out as one of my favorites of '02. Rockwell's performance is top notched and the dual lines "is it real" "is it fiction" is so well done that it gives you the best insight into the man's psyche.

Performances were dead on, and the scenery, with it's hazy look fulfilled it's purpose so well within the constraints of the film

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks