What's new

*** Official "COLLATERAL DAMAGE" Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
It starts out fairly interesting, gets VERY dull and quickly makes a left turn into unintentional satire.

On the other hand, I know of two other critics who quite enjoyed it.

Lemme know what you think.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
Will you have a review up soon Scott? The first time I seen the trailer I thought it looked like a run of the mill terroist flick. I don't think we get this for a while over here but I will still check it out.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for Collateral Damage. Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.
All HTF member film reviews of Collateral Damage should be posted to this thread.
Thank you for your consideration in this matter.
Crawdaddy

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
Just what I was afraid of... :frowning: I had high hopes for this movie, after the (IMO of course) very entertaining "The Sixth Day". I will still see it, though. Would you say "The sixth day" was a better movie?
/mike

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
I'd say The Sixth Day was a better movie.
Collateral Damage is an ordinary action movie that happens to have some eerie similarities to the September 11th attacks. Otherwise there's nothing terribly interesting or involving about it. (My review can be read here.)

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
Is this one really that bad? Having not read any of the reviews, it has gotten only a 15% rating over at Rotten Tomatoes. It is turning out to be one of the worst reviewed films so far this year.

~Edwin

Mark Pfeiffer

Screenwriter
It's a good example of how a film that is merely average can look like it's getting blasted on the Tomatometer. Reading the various lines on that page, I'd pretty much agree with most of them, even some of those that get fresh tomatoes despite what sounds like negative reviews. It's an ordinary, run-of-the-mill movie, at least in my opinion :)

Josh_Hill

Screenwriter
I just got back from the theater. I absolutely loved this movie. Great action and a great twist. Arnold- Bless you!

Keith Paynter

Screenwriter
I have onky seen the TV ads for the film, and the way they present it makes me think I've already seen this movie in The Jackal.

Am I close to the truth on this?

JustinT

Stunt Coordinator
I also saw the movie tonight, and really enjoyed it. If you are an Arnold fan this is not a movie to miss!

Guy Martin

Second Unit
I'm a big Arnold fan and thus I had a pretty good time watching this movie. Good action, cool plot twist at the end. I'd put it on the same level as 6th Day, Eraser and Commando, which is to say vastly better than End of Days (the only Arnold movie I truly despise) but not as good as the Terminators, Predator, Total Recall or True Lies (my all-time favorite of his).

BTW I noticed a Ron Epstein in the stunts credits (yeah I'm one of those people who sits through all the credits). Is that our founder? Probably not, but I thought that was cool nonetheless.

- Guy

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I saw this for free Thursday night and still wanted my money back. It's pretty bad. Some of the CG FX are so bad there was a wave of laughter through the theater.

It's one of those movies where a New Zealand Maori plays a Colombian terrorist and "Repo Man's" Miguel Sandoval", a Mexican-American (one of the few authentic Latinos in the cast), plays a guy named "Phipps"!

Avoid.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I know not many people will consider this film a great cinematic achievement but would some of you contribute a review whether positive or negative to the Official Review thread which can be found here. Thank you.
Crawdaddy

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Oops, thought this was the review thread sorry.

Here's a point worth discussing in regards to the plot twist:

Is Francesca Neri visible at the bombing in the beginning? Obviously, you can see her there at the end when Arnie has an explanatory flashback. But is there a quick cut somewhere in the opening where you can see her with the phone (perhaps just after Arnie talks to El Lobo)?

- Guy

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ebert and Roeper gave this film a thumb's up saying it's your typical Arnold film with plenty of action, however check your mind at the door before seeing it.

Crawdaddy

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Did they additionally edit it after the Sep. 11th events, or just put it on the shelves for a while?

Anyone know anything about this?

Cees

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks