*** Official COLD CREEK MANOR Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Robert Crawford, Sep 18, 2003.

1. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Cold Creek Manor". Please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Cold Creek Manor" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

2. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

Was I the only one who thought this was a supernatural thriller? From what I could tell, my audience also thought it was supposed to be.

Anyway, it's a good movie, with good casting. But totally different from what the trailer depicts.

3. ChrisBEA

ChrisBEA Screenwriter

4. Drue Elrick

Drue Elrick Stunt Coordinator

I just saw this movie this afternoon, having no preconceptions. I expected it to be a horror film, based on what my friend, who was seeing it with me, thought from the trailer he had seen. It became clear that it was a suspense/thriller-type of movie.

I have to give it credit for being straight and no BS about who did what - that's a change from other movies that try to confuse you by making you suspect everyone.

At the same time, the movie feels alot jumbled. In barely any time we are given a contrived setting for the family to have to leave New York to get away from the problems of the big city. Traipsing around in the country-side looking for a home, they come across Cold Creek Manor and comfortably start trespassing and walking through the place like they own it already. I could not believe that. And the son starts acting like the son of the previous owner - red herring, big time. And the snakes?
    [​IMG]

On the whole, everything seems very contrived. I basically watched the movie, waiting for something special to happen and nothing ever did. Glad I only paid $5 to see it.