What's new

*** Official CHRISTMAS WITH THE KRANKS Review Thread (1 Viewer)

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member
I saw it this weekend at the sneak preview (my wife really wanted to see it). I did laugh a few times and its relatively harmless.

What did bug me though is that its *so* obvious this was filmed in LA or somewhere very warm. The actors really ham it up while acting cold, meanwhile you can't see their breath or anything. Also, in many scenes, you can see them sweating under all the layers of winter clothing they're wearing.

Dustin Woods

Agent
Had to screen Christmas With The Kranks last night. Awful movie, plain and simple.

There are a couple slightly funny gags, but for the most part the entire movie just falls flat. Most everything is painfully predictable, while other parts just come completely out of nowhere and have no point whatsoever, other than trying to be funny and failing miserably.

Jon Mahoney

Stunt Coordinator
Honestly, this movie was better than I expected, then again I expected it to be one of the worst 93 minutes of my life.

It was obvious and only funny about twice, but I thought it was going to be alot worse. I agree, if you've seen the trailer you're not missing much. But I was expecting a bland, cookie cutter movie and thats what I got.

If you have to go see it, it could be worse.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
My daughters and I saw this last night and were all disappointed. :frowning: I'm a big Tim Allen fan too. The best stuff worked great in the trailer but really falls flat with the other flat stuff. There were some tender moments and some funny ones too, but in the end a very, very uneven-overall unfunny film that really could have been good. :thumbsdown:

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
:star::star: (out of four) solid movie

While this'll never be the holiday classic of "Christmas Vacation" or "Shoot your eye Out Kid!" (as christmas story is affectionately known in my family, I'm not even sure my Dad and Mom know the actual title), it is very much in the same Clark Griswald vein. My extended family went out to see this after a lunch that followed the black friday minor shopping done by a few of the feminine members in the family, we had an absolute blast because our own overreacting, big-bosomed, christmas-vest-wearing, tradition-mad, shrieking and very generous aunt is suffering through the holidays because her youngest is off in South America this entire year on a mission trip (and she keeps talking worriedly that those poor boys down there just see american girls as a free ticket into america). This film will never be as funny as it was on this first viewing at this precise time with those members of our family.

We all enjoyed the film, hell we all enjoy every one of the vacation films, funny farm, the greatoutdoors (and yes home alone) etc unabashedly. Slapstick, silly, pointless humor is not looked down upon and we all had huge laughs and were very entertained by the film.

Adam

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now the Official Review Thread for "Christmas with the Kranks". Please post all HTF member reviews in this thread.

Any other comments, links to other reviews, or discussion items will be deleted from this thread without warning!

If you need to discuss those type of issues then I have designated an Official Discussion Thread.

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks