What's new

*** Official CHRISTMAS WITH THE KRANKS Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
After Santa Clause 2, does anyone really want to see Tim Allen in another Christmas movie? ;) Ben Affleck's Surviving Christmas is reviewed better but only by a hair at this time.

~Edwin

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Is it me, or does Jamie Lee Curtis look alot like Tim Allen's wife on Home Improvement? Intentional or not, the resemblance is eeriely similar to me.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

It's never a good sign when the trailer makes me squirm.

I can't remember another Thanksgiving weekend when all the major releases have been so badly panned. Lucky for me there are some interesting limited releases this Friday, or I'd have to stay home. :eek:

M.

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member

I was thinking about the same thing. It's a good thing that there's always the indie releases as an alternative. :)

~Edwin

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Ditto. My wife and I cancelled our plans to see KRANKS after all the bad reviews, including the one in our morning paper giving it ZERO stars. We were suckered into seeing the SURVIVING CHRISTMAS disaster and have no desire to repeat that awful experience.

The sad thing is that there are no other movies opening in wide release this week that look remotely interesting.

Steve

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
If you want to go see a funny Christmas movie with an edge, go watch, The Ref.

Except Galaxy Quest.

Scott Weinberg

Senior HTF Member
Couldn't agree with you fellas more. Only one episode of Home Improvement was all I needed to see. Good god what pointless pap that was.

Movie-wise, Allen's track record is amazingly dim. I will give credit where it's due: the guy did some real solid voice-work as Buzz Lightyear. Seriously. I guess that's a clear indication that when you get Tim Allen onscreen, it's a different story altogether. He's not funny or witty or charming. Even the movies of his that I liked (Galaxy Quest & Big Trouble) work despite his participation and not because of it.

And to think my old fraternity brothers and I used to laugh our asses off at Allen's old stand-up material. Damn did that "Wuh, wuh, wuh" gag overstay its welcome.

SarahG

Second Unit
This is one of the few books I haven't read by Grisham, but I've been meaning to read it. Looks like the movie did fairly well at the box office this weekend.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This thread is now designated the Official Discussion Thread for "Christmas with the Kranks" please, post all comments, links to outside reviews, film and box office discussion items to this thread.

All HTF member film reviews of "Christmas with the Kranks" should be posted to the Official Review Thread.

Thank you for your consideration in this matter.

Crawdaddy

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover

:b 41 my friend. I eat alot of salt and preservatives. :D

Really surprised that the experts think this will have strong box office in the coming weeks. I would think that word of mouth will eventually take it's toll.

Kevin Grey

Senior HTF Member

While I found it innocuous the movie got quite a few laughs throughout so I wouldn't be surprised to find that I'm in the minority.

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
I'm reviving this thread to say that I watched this on DVD and man, is it a stinker.

I was correct in saying last year that I had seen just about the whole movie in the trailer. About the only thing they didn't throw in the trailer was the burglar and Marty a.k.a Santa Claus.

Everything about it felt sitcomish. From the nosy neighbors to the priest to the neighbor with the terminal illness.

The thing that I despised the most about this movie was the message it was sending. Apparently, if you don't conform and go along with everyone else, you will be scorned and ridiculed for doing what you want to do.

Do I even want to know what a family with one child spends $6000 on at Christmas time. A golden Christmas tree?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks